Would you buy a new car on a 60 month loan?

by Elsewhere 134 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yea..but the trucks I use run about $30k if I deal well. And I drive em over 7 years...10 if the repair cost stays moderate. The last truck I bought and paid off has well over 210K miles on it.

I cant lease for that.

~Hill

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I hear you. I haven't had a car note in about four years. This will take some getting used to.

One good thing is that the Mini's hold their value very well, so in four years I'll be able to buy another new car with almost no note at all.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

*waves at Cowboy*...how's things , David?

~J

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hehe... that reminds me of a favorite Far Side cartoon. In the drawing you see a bunch of vultures in a circle eating "something" and one of them has on some cowboy cloths saying, "Howdy howdy howdy! Look everyone, I'm a cowboy!"

• xjwms
    xjwms

Since 1988

I have only paid cash for my cars.

O.K. I don't have brand new cars, ... my current car is a 2000 and this last July I had it one year. Just turned 60K miles.

It look like a newer one.

But thats just me.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... years ago I swore I would *never* buy a new car.

I normally buy a used car that is about two or three years old and I paid cash for my last car. I never could justify buying a new car because of depreciation... I would let some other sucker pay for the first two or three years of depreciation, then take the car off his hands at a low price.

As an example, today I was looking at the classifieds in the paper and I saw a 2005 Ford Taurus for $11,900 being sold by a dealer. A new base Ford Taurus costs $21, 885 (I just now looked at the Ford website). That is $10,000 lost in the very first year! That's just insane!!!

Over the last few months I've been looking at many different used cars online. I was looking at cars that are about two or three years old. When I got to the Mini Coopers I noticed that a three year old Mini only lost $3000. I though, "Hell! I might as well just buy a new one!"....... and the rest is history.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

that's probably just ford list price though. you can pick one up at a dealer for alot less. the new, completely loaded 500 my folks just bought was only like $24k and he said they could've gotten the same options in a taurus at the same dealer for $17k. it pays to shop around and check the deals.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've been tossing around some names for my little baby.

How does Elsie sound?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Elsie is a cow , babe. Sorry

Call her Ruby. And give her a sparkle topcoat everybody likes sparkly things!

dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hehe... I knew I could trust you to be honest with me!

I also like Nancy... but my 9mm Glock handgun is already named that.

What if I were to paint the car white with big black spots... could I name her Elsie then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit