What's the most exotic food you've ever eaten?

by Dimples 58 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Well, people eat raw oysters all the time and think nothing of it, ball.

I used to eat them as a kid without thinking twice. We'd shuck one open and slurp it down alive (I just recently realized that they're still alive when fresh). I don't think I could do it now.

I went to a fair this summer and saw something really disgusting. There was a stand serving 'oyster shots'. It basically consists of a raw oyster, tobasco sauce, and vodka. The guy running the stand was claiming all kinds of health benefits, but the thought of it alone made me gag.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, lee! Well, at least it's not gonads!

Sonny, yah, that's how Dad got started with it ,,, he would eat the live scallops when shucking, and it was a natural progression to oysters ...

tal

• bisous
    bisous

tales ... so WHAT already... ya didn't like MY special dish???

• talesin
    talesin

bis,,, that sounds like quite a mouthful!

• bisous
    bisous

Tales, that's more like it! and yes, it DID quite fill me up....

• talesin
    talesin

hehehe

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The most exotic thing was turtle and sea slugs.

I am really dissappointed because once i was offered Dugong (a protected animal only allowed to be killed by islanders) but didnt eat it as a JW because they are not bled but suffocated. Apparantly they are like pig, but have three layers of fat.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mountain oysters

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Crickets, silkworms, goanna (a type of lizard)

Bang Lassi (a marijuana bud ground up in yoghurt like a milkshake) surprisingly tasty but long lasting after effects!!

Popular in India and Asia

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Snails - Delicious!

There is a famed restaurant in Madrid that does the best testicles in town, tender and succulent.

Also while in Spain I tried that cheese - I forget its name now, but it is kept warm and suppurating until it is full of wriggling white maggots. Just spread it on crusty bread. Like rotting roquefort except I was sure I could feel some of the critters wriggling in my belly.

If I go to China I want to try the live freshwater shrimp. They leap about after you dip them in the chili sauce!

HB (of the stuffing his cheek pouches going out the door class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit