What's the most exotic food you've ever eaten?

by Dimples 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

I think for me it was alligator. We went to Islands of Adventure and we tried gator bites. It tastes like fish but is really tough. I also tried sushi but I don't like it too much.

So, what are some of your exotic eats?

DIMPLES

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

baked beans

• G Money
    G Money

I had rabbit on a ranch when living in Central America. It tasted like chicken but doesn't everything?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Dog...

I've also tried... Kangaroo (awesome) buffallo (taste like beef to me) rattlesnake (good stuff) ostrich (chicken) alligator (several times) frog legs (several times) snails (sometimes good sometimes bad) Meal worms and roaches in chocolate (tasted like crunchy chocolate...) lamb, squab, squid, caviar, LOVE sushi and raw fish... I'll eat anything once. If it's good I'll eat it more than once!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I had African lion once. It was well prepared and very tasty, but the meat was kind of tough and stringy. Flavorwise, it was mild like veal, but I'd rather have had veal in the dish because of the texture of the meat.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm not a great fan of trying "weird" food like insects or anything that feels in the mouth like it's trying to taste you - just for the hell of it.

I would rather eat something I know I'm going to enjoy, than walk into a restaurant to perform some freaky experiment.

Having said that, rabbit is a common dish here and alligator I wouldn't mind trying.

• thom
    thom

Fish, both raw and cooked, prepared many different ways in Asia.
    Once had a liquor in Taiwan that had lobster blood in it.

• talesin
    talesin

lol at lobster blood ... and I have some Florida swampland for sale, if you are interested ...

I tried this dish once, it was called Sum Yung Gui ,,, very tasty.

t

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Escargot - Yes cooked snails, in butter and garlic and I think white wine. Tasted like marinated mushrooms. Kinda chewy too.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm not sure if these would be considered exotic being they all come from the US, but....

Frog legs. When fried, they taste like a mix between fish and chicken. They're actually good until you think about what you're eating...very tender and the meat falls off the bone.

Black bear. I had it on the grill, and it was disgusting. Tough as nails and flavorless. My jaws were aching when I was done.

Rattle snake. I braved this one during a trip out west. Very stringy but not too tough. Tastes like chicken when fried.

Alligator. I didn't notice anything fishy about it as you did. It was tough and kind of dry, but not bad flavor wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit