the idiot mayor of New Orleans

by MegaDude 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

We're dealing with people who didn't have a clue that this was going to be of this magnitude - or so they say. You have everyone pointing fingers, typical behavior after the fact. I am glad the National Guard is now in the streets! Mr Bush, get our boys and girls out of the Middle East and let them protect against the anarchy in New Orleans!

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Hey Texas Apostate: What is the culpability of Bush in your opinion? Why do we even have a FEDERAL emergency management agency if not to coordinate emergencies beyond the scope of any one location? Whatever happened to the Buck stops here?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I did indeed, hear the original interview/speech where he spoke. I left the TV on all night and woke up just as this was being aired, sometime before 7:00 AM eastern time I think.

I laid there with my eyes closed and ended up having to get up to get a kleenex because the tears were running down my cheeks by the end. He just sounded so exhausted, beaten and defeated.

We're dealing with people who didn't have a clue that this was going to be of this magnitude - or so they say. You have everyone pointing fingers, typical behavior after the fact. I am glad the National Guard is now in the streets! Mr Bush, get our boys and girls out of the Middle East and let them protect against the anarchy in New Orleans!

They had said on CNN last night that the city planners weren't allowed enough funding to rebuild the levees a few years ago, and that they were told that a cat-3 was the strongest hurricane they had to deal with since 1900. The budget makers allowed then enough money to rebuild for only that strength. They said that they couldn't see spending the extra dollars to undergo a cat-4 or cat-5, since they couldn't afford it in the first place. Made sense to me.

Bringing the troops home from Iraq to come back to the states to lend their help and support.......makes damn good sense to me too.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Riiiiggghht!

No of course it could have been the mayor or the city council. Nope it was Bush.

No he couldn't have used the buses shown in the picture. Nope it was Bush.

It was him who suggested people who had not left the city, to go to the death crip called the Superdome. Nope it was Bush.

He can't be in incompetant Mayor. No. It was Bush.

George Bush President of the United States and Boogeyman of the left.

I lean to the left on quite a few issues but not far enough to blame George W if I stub my toes as a lot of people I know on the far left do.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

The city of New Orleans is not Bush's . . it's the major's. As a resident of that city he was aware, on a daily basis, of the shaky infrastructure of his city . . or was he? It seems to me he is not a fit major. I've been to New Oleans several times and have friends who ( used to ) live there. One of my friends is a scientist with the Enviromental Protection Agency so when he tells me that the city is plagued by gross mismanagement, I believe him. This is a case of the major not taking responsibility and trying to blame it on the Feds.

Such bullshit !

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate
    Whatever happened to the Buck stops here?

First of all that was President Truman. I would much rather have a Truman in office now, but alas.

What is the culpability of Bushit? Let me see...

First and foremost it's my responsibility to save my ass and my family's from impending danger. Not some pinhead in government to tell me to evacuate when it was know, days before the hurricane hit, that it was making a b-line for the city. But let's say I don't have enough money to get out of the city...

I would then have to rely on the local city government, and trust they have some strategy in place to deal with a known danger. It's not like they didn't know what could have happened if a hurricane made a direct hit on NO. But lets just say that local city government is to incompetent to deal with this situation. Then..

I would trust the Mayor would call the state level of government in a timely matter and ask for all the help he can get to evacuate the city completely. The Governor should have sent every plane, train, and automobile to help everyone out, as well as deploy as many National Guards as possible to help in the evact., and then re-sent them after the fact to establish martial law. Those that would have stayed behind after all that, well.. I say stay at your own risk. Now lets say the both the city Mayor and the Governor of the state still cannot get the job done, well then you go to the federal level.

Then you hope that the federal government has some way to deal with all the problems after the fact.

So thats the way I see it, the people who decided to ride out the storm even IF, they could have evacuated IMHO made a wrong decision. They failed first. The local city government failed those that couldn't make it out of the city. As proven by the city buses now under water that could have been used to evacuate to higher ground. The state failed to provide the city with all the resources needed before the storm hit, and failed to call in the federal government after the fact.

The federal government failed to react more pro-actively knowing how grave the situation was on Tuesday.

I don't excuse the Feds. I just see it as it should have taken place. Their is plenty of blame to go around. I just not that blinded by partisan politics to call a spade a spade.

• freedom96
    freedom96
    Bush appeared though and used up plenty of resources for his visit. Nice when you are starving to death eh?

Blows my mind. First, many are complaining that Bush didn't go there fast enough, and now that he has, he is using up resources that could have been used elsewhere? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

The fact is, those who hate Bush with such a passion will never be happy with what he does, and will always complain. Simply the way it is. Nothing he can do will satisfy you until he is out of office.

Before you go off on what I have to say, there are those who would complain about was or was not being done if there was a democrat in office too. So it goes both ways.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I just listened to the city of New Orleans' major's speech on CNN . . .yes, he IS the head of a third world country known as New Orleans.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

that mayor has been in a horrific position..people wanting answers from him and he couldnt even get the white house to tell him who was in charge down there. He wanted to know who to take his cities needs to, he had no resources to draw from, it was all gone like everything else in NO. he , like everyone else was waiting to rely on national governmental resources that have been long in coming.

he's doing the best he can..sincerity goes a long way and he's saying the same things off camera as he says on camera.the same cant be said about the governor and the higher ups.

• Daunt
    Daunt

That Mayor is the only voice that's relating to the emotions of many of the American people. He's on the news expressing the attitude which the people in major power of this country should be emmitting also. That's why is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit