the idiot mayor of New Orleans

by MegaDude 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Why weren't these buses deployed before the hurricane hit?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050901/480/flpc21109012015

• minimus
    minimus

He seems to be the best thing they got!

• Simon
    Simon

I think there is a limit to what the mayor can do. He seems to have been promised federal assistance but it hasn't appeared.

Bush appeared though and used up plenty of resources for his visit. Nice when you are starving to death eh?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I loved the way Bush put his arms around the two black girls and kept glancing at the camera to make sure it was still shooting.

Then when he was talking to the rescuers, instead of looking at them as he was speaking he went into acting mode and talked into the camera making dramatic gestures.

What a phony. If he wasn't going to be sincere he should have never went there at all. I don't think that concern for human pain, suffering, and life in general is high up in his agenda.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

His daddy probably told him he had to go.

Nina

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My son is not going to School Airline High, Tuesday because they are using all of the school buses up this way to pick up the folks in NO.

They cancelled the football game so they can get the buses out tonite.

They should have done something like this before it hit.

We already have so many evacuees, I am going to watch the local news to see where they are going to put all the evacuees heading up this way. Even the CNN said they are sending them to Shreveport.

• avishai
    avishai

I thought the mayors speech @ about 3 am western time was awsome. He was pissed off and said so, in those terms. I wonder if there is a transcript somewhere.

• Simon
    Simon
    I thought the mayors speech @ about 3 am western time was awsome. He was pissed off and said so, in those terms. I wonder if there is a transcript somewhere.

Not sure if it's the same interview but the audio for one is available on the BBC website (bottom right) He sounds very sincere and that he's done his bit. The failure sounds like its governor and above.

• stevenyc
  • Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate
    The failure sounds like its governor and above.

Riiiiggghht!

No of course it could have been the mayor or the city council. Nope it was Bush.

No he couldn't have used the buses shown in the picture. Nope it was Bush.

It was him who suggested people who had not left the city, to go to the death crip called the Superdome. Nope it was Bush.

He can't be in incompetant Mayor. No. It was Bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit