the idiot mayor of New Orleans

by MegaDude 40 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Oh good Michael Moore is weighing in on the situation. I guess we'll get another pseudo documentary showing how Bush purposely caused the flooding to raise the price of oil. If Moore would really like to help out perhaps he could use some of his wind to blow the water blow the water into the Gulf of Mexico.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Mr Bush, get our boys and girls out of the Middle East and let them protect against the anarchy in New Orleans!

Hear hear. Those boys and girls would get much more job satisfaction protecting their own, that facing life and death each day in a country they cant even pinpoint on the map.

Charity begins at home.

• juni
    juni

GOOD ONE - I QUIT!!!! IF HE BLEW TOO HARD HE'D HAVE A CORONARY.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'm not accusing anyone, but I think a person has a much more legitimate cause for complaint if he or she is actively trying to help the situation firsthand. Numerous churches throughout the southern US are sending buses with supplies, bringing back refugees. Help is needed in all towns sorting clothes and preparing shelters/food for the people coming. We can all do things to help. Now is not the time to be bitching and moaning, now is the time for action. When everyone is safe and accounted for, then we can begin bitching and moaning.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I agree!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Now is not the time to be bitching and moaning, now is the time for action. When everyone is safe and accounted for, then we can begin bitching and moaning.

I have to disagree, and you ought to be clear about this; Bitching and moaning IS part of the immediate solution as well as the long term solution. GW Bush looked frightened on TV the other day BECAUSE he realized what a monumental f-up he'd been. He called in his daddy and Clinton to help because he realized how badly he'd f'd up, not the crisis, but politically (babies dying while you watch on live TV tends to wake people up). You have bitching and moaning to thank for that, and many people in Nola have new improved Bitching n' Moaning to thank for saving their lives. It's incomprehensively bad, but it could be even worse, if the federal government had STAYED in lackadaisacal mode.

If the truth ain't a pretty color, speak the truth anyway. And do it NOW, not later. Lives are at stake.

ps. YOU may not be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, but there is nothing mutually exclusive about "action" and "bitching and moaning". Try not to limit yourselves.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bush SHOULD be worried. What an idiot.

::: I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps.

*applauding MM.*

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I guess some people haven't been paying attention. This type of crisis , by law, is first handled by the local politicians and the governor of the state. That is the protocol. Once it is made aware that these levels of gov't cannot do the job, then it goes to the federal level.

I say quit bashing people for the wrong reasons.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Tigerman is correct. I have considerable experience in City government and can assure you that it is NOT the responsibility of the federal government to have a workable evacuation plan. It is the responsibility of the City government. The City's evacuation plan which assumes that everyone has their own transportation was totally unrealistic and they knew it.. Besides, the Mayor waited until it was too late to issue the mandatory evacuation order. The Mayor is pointing his finger at Bush to cover his own screw-up.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

George Bush should have been working this situation the minute he was told that a catagory 2 or above storm was headed directly at New Orleans. It has long been known that a hurricane of catagory 3 or above hitting New Orleans is a NATIONAL disaster well outside the scope of local government to handle.

For the life of me, I can't see why anyone gives a flying fornication if a mayor or even a governor didn't do a good job, when you have a president who could have saved lives and mitigated the disaster but didn't?

Guess who had the power do more to help people in this situation than any other human on the planet? GW Bush. I'd be VERY surprised to learn that his hands where tied by the nuances of city and state government. He seems to manage to be able to kill people (unless it's a specific person) when he wants to, the worthless little bitch ought to be able to find a way to save people when needed.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Do you honestly think American soldiers would get job satisfaction out of shooting American looters?

The PTSD is probably difficult enough to cope returning from an alien environment, but to deal with it in something that's "home" and supposed to be "safe"??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit