Did You Keep That Soft Voice After You Left The JW's

by Honesty 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul

Soft Voice? Not following you. I have heard of this from Mormons, though. If you mean the leadings of the spirit (JW term for roughly the same thing) then yes.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• trevor
    trevor

Speak up Honesty - I can't hear you!

• Shania
    Shania

Say What, I'm just as loud as the day I was born, everyone new I was around!!!!!!!!!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Lol, soft voice...I don't know if it's what you mean, but it reminds me of the slightly girly "sorry-to-wake-you-up-so-soon" voice I used to take everytime a door would open on a Saturday morning. God I love Saturday mornings now! I truly appreciate them.:P

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    LilyCurly: God I love Saturday mornings now!

I watch cartoons. I think it is a psychological reaction to privation. At least, that's what I tell myself.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Honesty,

I know what you are talking about! I was told to use that non-aggressive voice when speaking, more sister-like!!! I was supposed to 'portray' the height of submission! Didn't work! But, when you have clients out there in the real world, it helps to keep your voice soft when dealing with tons of details while going over contracts and making selections for building a house. They suggest this to keep the customer and you from getting into heated discussions when they are not happy. It soothes the savage beast! ha ha! I did customer service for a large company for a while, that is where I got that experience.

out of the box

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I never had a "soft" voice before, during, or since my stint with the cult. I've always been a loud, belligerent SOB. It's probably part of the reason they never made me a MS.

W

• upside/down
    upside/down

Nope...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've always had a "soft voice", and saw no reason to change it after leaving the JWs.

Are you talking about an artificial device used by some JWs when speaking to householders?

Never played that game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit