Did You Keep That Soft Voice After You Left The JW's

by Honesty 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

jw's have a soft voice? really? I guess mine missed that meeting! (not that he yells, just loud in general) carla

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I was once on a route call with someone who delivered magazines to this woman with two daughters aged about 10 and 12 or something.

There was a really quiet delicate pretty child, and a big fat loud heifer of a child with an attitude. The big kid seemed to be pushing the cute kid around a lot, and in the brief time we were there I began to feel deep sympathy for this beautiful waif like child who said very little ... UNTIL...

she opened her pretty little mouth and said to the heifer "SHUT UP YOU COW, YOU'VE GOT A GOB LIKE T' MERSEY TUNNEL!"

Apart from this being a fantastic quote that could be rightly applied to me, I ceased all favouritism immediately!

• blondie
    blondie

yes, but now I carry a big stick (theodore roosevelt).

Blondie (on the road still)

• Ellie
    Ellie

I have a soft voice, I'm forever being told to speak up and stop mummbling, maybe its something to do with being a witness kid, I dunno.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I'm with ya, Honesty. I've noticed, at least from some dubs I know, that sedate, soft voice...kind of reminds me of that old Star Trek episode where everyone on this planet went around telling each other, "peace and tranquility to you, my friend."

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ellie, you sound lovely.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I am constantly being told that my voice carries. I have noticed however a complete change of demeanor when speaking to householders by many. I would make fun of my mother for it all of the time. I notice myself changing the pitch of my voice when speaking. This is to compensate for the fact that I live in Kansas city (from Los Angeles), work at an engineering firm doing pc work, have corn rowed braids and am muscular. I am told that I intimidate, which is never the intention. I find myself compensating so as not to scare

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Are you talking about an artificial device used by some JWs when speaking to householders?Never played that game. Little Toe
    I've noticed, at least from some dubs I know, that sedate, soft voice...kind of reminds me of that old Star Trek episode where everyone on this planet went around telling each other, "peace and tranquility to you, my friend." M.J.

That's the one!!

If you haven't heard 'the voice' before, it will crack you up. I hear it every time I call Bethel as soon as the phone is answered. It gets even better when the call is directed to the Service Department. I'm always reminded of that scripture about 'wolves in sheep's clothing' whenever I hear that soft voice emanating from a JW.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Depends with whom I am conversing. And my mood. And the topic at hand. Some people think I'm like a mouse. Others think I'm loud and boisterous. Ah it's nice not to fit any one particular profile.

• caty
    caty

He's LOUD. BOOMINGLY LOUD. I used to take the phone and put it 3 inches from my ear while conversing with Cygnus. He reserves his quiet voice for the cats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit