Is it crazy at the gas pumps in your State?

by LyinEyes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I have been trying to find ways to cut back on gas anyway, and have been planning on getting a bicycle for short errands, etc...I figured that if I do this, it will save me anywhere from 8 to 10 a week in gas.

We are cutting out a lot of silly little extras too...like, no going to mcdonalds a few times after school for the little cheap ice cream cones. They are only a buck each, and was a nice treat for the kids, and there is a playland...but ain't gonna happen that much any more...just cannot afford to waste gas. McDonald's is only 3 miles away...but since I only get like 15 mpg on a good day, I don't feel it would be wise.

I am just waiting for other stuff to go up as well....eek...milk already went up last year, if it does again...damn...we will be switching to powdered milk. That can be much cheaper went bought in bulk.

Tonight on one of the gas runs I had my sister and son with me. I told them...damn this is expensive. But at least we are lucky enough to just have to cut back. One of my neighbors doesn't even have a vehicle...and there will be some people that will have to make a decision between eating lunch at work or buying gas so they can get to work each day. That is a hard choice.

And thank goodness we are not in LA, MS or AL.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    I saw a news item on Yahoo that said that 20 (out of about 550) of the oil drilling platforms in the Gulf are missing...status unknown.

Wow, that is scarey.

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((LyinEyes)))))

I put up a message on another forum asking about you. I am glad that you and your family are okay. I knew you lived in LA but wasn't for sure where.

I am still quite concerned about Bigboi. I hope he evacuated New Orleans.

Robyn

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I keep praying everyone is safe.

Gas is $3.15 here.

Idea's are.....Take a few things out of your week.

Eating out? If you eat out 3 times a week just do 2 times.

Shopping? Get your dish soap, laundry detergent, Hand soap, etc cheap...use non brands.

Driving? If you live far from work and cannot commute with others..Try what my husband is now doing. GO SLOWER. Seriously...He is getting much better gas mileage. He used to get 30 per gallon now it is way over 40. This week he has 275 miles on one tank(Honda) Want to get even better....Follow Semi's use them as a air shield! Not kidding it will up your mileage around 5-10.(Husband does it.) He is Crazy!

Just use you head..It works. Gas now seems like not a big deal to us.

Good Luck Everyone!

Brooke

• upside/down
    upside/down

Just filled up tonite...$2.79 p/g

The news said $5.80 in Georgia!

Friend who wholesales said his price is $3.10 plus he adds his 10 cent mark up...so it'll probably hit $3.50 here.

Where's all that damn oil that "W" is supposed to be stealing from Iraq....? I want some...

u/d

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks Robin for thinking of us, we were safe in NW Louisiana.

I am wondering about BigBoi as well, and is Kenneson still living there?

I hope Bryan hears from Bubbamar, she could be up my way, since the town she was heading too could have been booked up.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

He doesn't have any refineries to turn that oil into gasoline, that's why we're not getting it ;).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

$2.89 / $2.99 / $3.09 this morning when I passed by the gas station on my way to work.

• JH
    JH

Just yesterday, gas went up over 1$ a gallon here. Here we calculate it in litres, and it went up 28 cents a litre in just one day.

So, here in Quebec, gas is $1.34 a litre which means $5.00 Canadian for a US gallon

Since our dollar is worth about 81 cents US, then you can calculate that a US gallon would cost $4 US here.

So we pay alot more than you do down south.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

3.10 this morning....but most in the area are at 3.25. No lines though....

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit