Is it crazy at the gas pumps in your State?

by LyinEyes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I drove by a gas station last night that had regular for $2.88 because I thought it was too expensive even though I was running on fumes. When I went out today, I paid $3.15. Over $45 to fill my gas tank. And that's here in New Jersey, which supposedly has some of the lowest gas prices in the country. New York is usually about 25 cents higher.

Alas, I can't cut back on usage; I'm an outside salesman.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    $2.89 / $2.99 / $3.09 this morning when I passed by the gas station on my way to work.

that is what we had this morning... but who knows what it will be after work now. I commute about 3 hours a day.. so these prices are killing me..

• Purza
    Purza
    There was no shortage then, and there is none now. It's all a scam to drive up the prices.

I agree with this statement. I think the media just adds fuel to the fire. The prices are quick to go up, but extremely slow to go back down (if they ever go back down). We (the American people) are getting burned while the oil companies continue to report record gains. Its disgusting.

We filled up all three vehicles this morning for $2.79. I filled up my Honda on Tuesday for $2.67. Figure it will be up to $3.00 by the beginning of the holiday weekend.

Purza

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I paid $2.89 a gallon (regular gas) yesterday. It cost almost $37 to fill up.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The prices are quick to go up, but extremely slow to go back down (if they ever go back down).

That sort of thing seems to happen a lot around Labor Day. A few weeks ago, we were outraged at paying $2.25-2.50 a gallon. Now, after this big increase, the price will go down to that level after Labor Day and we'll all think we're getting a bargain. It will most likely never return to the $1.50-1.75 range that it was in several months ago.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I'm in Atlanta tonight, Gas at some places is nearly $6 / gallon.

The thing you should be watching is that Diesel fuel is up to nearly 3 bucks a gallon. As far North as TN, some fuel stops were limiting drivers to 50 gallons per driver. For an average tractor trailer, that'll get you about 250 miles down the road. There are approx. 10 % of the refineries that have had their production affected by the hurricane. Hang on to your hats. Fuel goes up, freight's gotta go up...that means everything we carry ...which is pretty much EVERYTHING....has to go up. I hope things get handled pretty quickly or things have the potential to spiral.

Good luck everyone.

Oh, by the way...I bought 150 gallons yesterday at $2.69/gal and there were trucks lined up from the interstate "getoff ramp" all the way down to the fuel islands....about 1/3 mile long.

Ern

• G Money
    G Money

Gas prices are the same in Mexico but the government controls them. Kind of nice right now, people will probably drive over the border to fill up! I can still fill the tank of the chilangomobile for $18.00US

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Here in Australia our prices have gone up a quarter in a few months.

A friends father filled his 4+4 and it cost him US $160.....

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

We just filled the tank @ $2.93 per gallon, went across the street to CVS to get a few things...came out and it was changed to $3.05. Man, that was quick !!!!

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

EEERRR Also,,,,I'm going to have to curb my Starbucks appetite. A gallon of gas is almost as much as a specialty drink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit