Is it crazy at the gas pumps in your State?

by LyinEyes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Me and the kids went to rent movies and noticed that there were long lines of people waiting for gas. We live in Shreveport/Bossier Louisiana about five hours north of New Orleans. We do have tons of evacuees here and so I understand it is going to be busier here than usual.

People were breaking lines to get gas tonite, and you could feel the tension in the air.

They are selling out of gas here on many of the pumps and that is scarey.

Is the price going to jump dramatically tomorrow or something? Anyone heard anything?

• myself
    myself

It is between $2.85 and $2.99 here.

I was wondering how you and Thunder were doing. I am glad you and the family are okay.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Deedee, WT, and Family)))))

I'm just glad to hear you're okay. I thought you lived closer to the Gulf.

Love you tons!

Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I was wondering how you and Thunder were doing.

LOL - Thunder belongs to someone else! Remember SheilaM?

• karen96
    karen96

There was a news report that prices would climb 12-15 cents/gallon because of the disruption of oil production in the Gulf. I'm afriad it is going to get worse.

On the other hand, many people in the area have other things to worry about than gas in their cars......

karen

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I went earlier today to get some gas and paid $3.15gal

So I went to Sam's Club and got gas for $2.74gal...not much better considering how much gas cost last year. The lines at Sam's was 4 cars deep at 8 pumps and they just kept coming.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

California has always had outrageous gas prices. Prices are over $3.00 now except for a few places and the cheapest fuel type - but even these will probably go up over $3.00 in the next week.

I would complain but I turn on the news and ask how many of those in New Orleans would gladly pay $3 for gas or even more.

-Eduardo

• myself
    myself
    LOL - Thunder belongs to someone else! Remember SheilaM?

oops my bad, sorry bout that, I knew who I meant, just had the wrong name. Thanks Andi

• Xandria
    Xandria

Yes Dede,

Down the road from where we live here in Charlotte, there was a line around the corner. It has to do with a comment the Pres. made in his address to the nation tonight. It set off a panic and hording of petrol.

They are afraid of a shortage al la 1974.

X.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

between $2.89 and $2.99 a gal right now in the Little Rock, AR area

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit