"This just can't last much longer...."

by BrendaCloutier 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So this old system can`t last much longer?..So far it has out lasted every JW that has has ever lived..I have watched many generations of JW`s die,not one of them was right.....OUTLAW

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah it cuts me up too... mostly it's Motherdarling, for whom the system has outlasted at least 20 years. We weren't going to grow up and make our own lives as adults, we weren't going to need to make grown-up decisions. She wasn't going to need a retirement plan, she wasn't going to have to put her parents in care.

Mind you, I wasn't going to graduate high school either, much less get long beyond college age and resent those years out in the field.

• free2beme
    free2beme

My relatives say the same type of things. Although, we came in stronger after 1975, for the most part. They want the end to come and see it just around the corner. It will come, there end, which is death and that is the only certian thing in life. Personally, I look forward to seeing them on the otherside in spiritual existence and perhaps laughing about it all when we know who was right and who was wrong. Although, I think the physical is full of lessons and experiences we wanted from this life and regret nothing I did and they should not either. After all life is just a puzzle with many peices and the picture ultimately hangs on your wall when completed and no one elses.

• cypher50
    cypher50

My mom was saying the same thing when we were talking about the hurricane...I didn't even let her begin playing that jazz and just kept talking about the inept politicians and such. I think it is because I am such a history buff that I finally saw through that "last days" stuff...I mean, there have been so many cataclysms, famines, epidemics, and wars over the history of man that would relatively make our suffering pale in comparison and yet people act as if these disasters are the first that ever hit the human race. The only thing that I even worry about is nuclear weapons but you can't live your whole life fearing the end of the world and it does a disservice to life itself to just continually prepare for your death - oops - prepare for "the new system of things" instead of actually enjoying the brief time you have to live on Earth.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say that they do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain.

Zion's Watch Tower, 15 July 1894, p. 226

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I too was told I wouldn't finish high school, need to worry about college, etc. So I finally put myself through while working a full time job. Never told my parents i got a Bachelors degree, and they never seem to question how it is that I earn such a good salary! Now, my husband and I have a rather large and comfortable home, and my parents are now in their seventies, with diminishing health. My father retired at 56, since Armageddon was coming any second, and he wouldn't have to make his savings last. They are finally making little hints about stretching money, heat bills getting worrysome, etc, and joking about whether there is room for them in our house later on. Yet, just last week, they were chirping about how "the brothers" sure were on the spot immediately in the Katrina disaster areas, and of course, nobody else was there right away like "our people" were! Sucked back in! Does anyone else have elderly parents, and wonder how they can still believe? How can they not be angry about 1975, when they are old and can't afford heat, and are running out of money?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

"Must...keep...going! Just...one more dune!"

"You said that three dunes ago!"

Name that movie!

SNG

• daystar
    daystar

Um, Dune

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Virgogirl, first welcome to the forum. Second, my 85 year old mother is one of them, she clings to it because she has invested so heavily in it. She told me recently though if her father was still alive he would have left the org. She just figures at this point in her life what can she do.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My relatives say the same type of things. Although, we came in stronger after 1975, for the most part. They want the end to come and see it just around the corner. It will come, there end, which is death and that is the only certian thing in life. Personally, I look forward to seeing them on the otherside in spiritual existence and perhaps laughing about it all when we know who was right and who was wrong.

Too bad the JW's just don't seem to understand the following:

Those Declared Righteous Are Reconciled

6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.

8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us!

9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.

10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, [then how]much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!

11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Death through Adam and Life through Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, in this way death spread to all men, because all sinned.

13 In fact, sin was in the world before the law, but sin is not charged to one’s account when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who did not sin in the likeness of Adam’s transgression. He is a prototype of the Coming One.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if by the one man’s trespass the many died, how much more have the grace of God and the gift overflowed to the many by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ.

16 And the gift is not like the one man’s sin, because from one sin came the judgment, resulting in condemnation, but from many trespasses came the gift, resulting in justification.

17 Since by the one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive the overflow of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification for everyone.

19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

20 The law came along to multiply the trespass. But where sin multiplied, grace multiplied even more,

21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace will reign through righteousness, resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:6-21 (HCSB)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit