Did You See All Those Looters?!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 65 Replies latest social current

• Bryan
    Bryan

I don't think the authorities are concerned about food thieft... which I agree. The food needs to be consumed anyway.

Those caught with "stuff" other than food or things needed for survival, should be jailed.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Valis
    Valis
    Those caught with "stuff" other than food or things needed for survival, should be jailed.

especially if its Bryan's new plasma tv!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

What about finally getting revenge on a neighbor you don't like? You could easily drown someone, murder someone, rob someone or even worse, RAPE. What if some young girls/students are trapped by water in a house or apartment somewhere and some devious unscrupulous individuals are aware of it and decide to act against the victims? How will you stop this from happening?

For some reason this doesn't seem too probable. I would think that even criminals would be trying to get the hell out of the city, since most are too selfishly concerned about saving their own ass; rather than raping and murdeing...

Though, I concede that you could be right and I would be interested to see the how the crime stat's play out later on in situations like this!

M'

M'

• upside/down
    upside/down
    There has to be some degree of law and order. For the sake of the greater good, a deterrent must be in place.

Like I said... no one concemns a man for stealing to "eat"...even the Bible allows for that...

But since when are jewels and electronics...a "necessity"...Since when can you be strong enough to go wrestle with fellow thieves, looting but not get your ass out of town?

Insurance is NOT for looting...it's for legitimate loss.

So for the THIRD time...why don't they leave their phone number and an IOU painted on the wall...I guarantee you that person would be pardoned of any debt incurred just for their honesty...and probably get their butt on TV and do the talk show circuit.

But what do I know...

u/d(of the chillin without a bowl class)

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hi Robdar!

Actually, I am not making a comparison, rather underscoring the danger of an "open environment" sans established and visible order.

Those examples I cited are definitely extreme and I sincerely hope we do not receive any reports at all about activity of that nature. But, the point is basically " while the cat is away, the mice will play" and if someone with less compassion notices that the situation lends itself and the possibility of accountability is almost non-existent, then negative behavior may occur.

I am in favor of some sort of a deterrent which does not harm the many to punish the few and takes into consideration individual cases of humanitarian emergencies.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

As far as leaving a number, that would be ideal if they weren't fighting other looters for what littlet scraps of food are left.

I'm sure the last thing on their minds is looking through the rubble for a pen and a piece of paper.

What I'm wondering is where these people are going once they get the food. They seem to be wading into nowhere.

• Robdar
    Robdar

U/d:

Like I said... no one concemns a man for stealing to "eat"...even the Bible allows for that...

And yet you condemn them here on page 1 of this thread:

p.s.- You couldn't buy diapers BEFORE the disaster that you were WARNED about...but just a few hours afterward you NEED diapers so bad you steal them? Come on... what a crock of shiite. I think I'll steal a Rolex so I know what time curfew is...

Nobody starves in 1 day.

There ARE relief centers...and AID is POURING in.

I agree "survival" is paramount...but once again...be real... that's not the sitch...it could be...but it's not...yet anyway.

So what would happen if someone "borrows" another individuals food and water...and gets shot? Are they a victim or a perpetrator?

How come during the Great Depression...crime didn't go up?

Whatever people...go cash your savings and 401K and mail to the looters...they'd appreciate it and expect it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Utopian! I do see your point and agree, some sort of order is needed. But I do not see looting for food as violence. I say let them take the food and eat it before the animals do.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Looting is stealing, is it not? I detest stealing. But what would I do if I felt I or my family needed the basic necessities of life? Hope I don't ever have to find out.

• minimus
    minimus

I need a plasma tv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit