Did You See All Those Looters?!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 65 Replies latest social current

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

UD, sorry mate, typo, it was directed to UC but my finger hit the D.

UC, my point is probably similar to yours, however, why are 'all looters' tarred with the same brush? I suppose it depends on your definition of looters. If your referring to people stealing non essential items, Gucci, Pravda, and alike, with force of weaponry then I agree. If your including people trying to stay alive by finding something to drink then your way off. You will die within three days with no water.

I was confused by your comment to leave an IOU, frankly, I don't think you would give two hoots to find the appropriate writing material and a pen, while fending off your gallon of water to ensure your kids don't die from dehydration. I know I wouldn't give a sh!t.

This whole situation is extremely frustrating. One local police station has a poster hanging from its roof with the message, Fort Apache. Gangs of young men are shooting the hell out of it. For this situation, I would like to see a flying apache helicopter return fire.

Why people turn into militia against fellow neighbors in these situation is beyond me.

steve (of the, try to type properly next time, class)

• undercover
    undercover
    I was confused by your comment to leave an IOU,

Oh...the IOU comment...that was more of a joke. I was referring to (badly I guess since no one got it) where someone else had suggested that people could leave IOUs for water and food.

This whole situation is extremely frustrating.

Yes, extremely frustrating. And it hurts to watch it, knowing that people are dying while between unorganized government officials and armed gangs of criminals relief efforts are being stalled.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

UC, OK, I've enptied the slot box, and the penny dropped.

What does anyone think the federal response would have been if this had occurred in the Hamptons or Martha's Vinyard?

steve

• undercover
    undercover
    What does anyone think the federal response would have been if this had occurred in the Hamptons or Martha's Vinyard?

Hmmm...not sure but I'm not sure that the citizens of either would be looting or shooting at rescuers either.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

UC: not sure that the citizens of either would be looting or shooting at rescuers either

Yep, probably true.

steve

• G Money
    G Money

If it was the Hamptons or MV, nobody would be there, with days of warnings, they'd be long gone and wouldn't have hung out to loot and shoot. But then again, those in the Hamptons and MV have WORKED for what they have and don't expect handouts. This could be natural selection at work. They need to stop trying to legislate common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit