by Doubtfully Yours 65 Replies latest social current

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

After such a tragedy???!!!

Shoot them!!! Shoot them all!!!

DY

• upside/down
    upside/down

What makes me the sickest is that so many of them are smiling and laughing...AT THE CAMERA while they do it!

I agree... martial law dictates immediate execution...unless you were caught leaving your name address and what you took with a valid IOU note posted on the managers door....yeah right!

u/d (of the what would Darwin say? class)

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I think all the looting is terrible, but did you notice what most of them were taking?

It seemed to be mostly food and diapers. I'm not justifying their actions, but these are necessary things rather than frivolous.

The ones taking stereos and leather jackets should be shot.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Shoot them!!! Shoot them all!!!

haven't enough people died already?

are you really advocating shooting folks who might be gathering food and diapers?

• undercover
    undercover

In some situations I would be for shooting looters on sight...however, since most of the city is under water at this point, I would guess that 'most' of the looting is for necessities just to survive another day or so. The levees have given way and the water is still rushing in, it will be some time before things start to get better. Better to let them loot stores for food for a day or so than to try to enforce martial law while still fighting the levees and dams.

Once the dams and levees are fixed and the pumps start working again and the water starts to recede, send in the Guard and strictly enforce martial law. Looters then should be arrested if possible, shot if they resist.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    are you really advocating shooting folks who might be gathering food and diapers?

I'm sure they ALL hope for someone like you to be on the jury when they're tried.

I saw people stealing JUNK FOOD...and cigarettes.

Like I said...leave an IOU...spray paint it on the building for gawds sake...that you're gonna pay it back...that's all.

NO ONE would deny the necessities of life to those in need... THAT'S NOT what's taking place...get real.

One dude was wearing "BLING" for chrisake!

u/d(of the some people are just too stupid to get it class)

p.s.- You couldn't buy diapers BEFORE the disaster that you were WARNED about...but just a few hours afterward you NEED diapers so bad you steal them? Come on... what a crock of shiite. I think I'll steal a Rolex so I know what time curfew is...

• nilfun
    nilfun

others on this thread have noted:

I think all the looting is terrible, but did you notice what most of them were taking? It seemed to be mostly food and diapers.
    In some situations I would be for shooting looters on sight...however, since most of the city is under water at this point, I would guess that 'most' of the looting is for necessities just to survive another day or so.
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Shoot the looters? You would prefer the food be left to spoil or get water damage? It's all covered by insurance. Why have the food and diapers go to waste? Civilization as they know it is gone. We're talking survival and sometimes survival is not moral or pretty.

Robyn

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It's all covered by insurance

That makes it OK?

Like I said...leave your number on the wall and PAY IT BACK...

Nobody starves in 1 day.

There ARE relief centers...and AID is POURING in.

I agree "survival" is paramount...but once again...be real... that's not the sitch...it could be...but it's not...yet anyway.

So what would happen if someone "borrows" another individuals food and water...and gets shot? Are they a victim or a perpetrator?

How come during the Great Depression...crime didn't go up?

Whatever people...go cash your savings and 401K and mail to the looters...they'd appreciate it and expect it.

u/d

• undercover
    undercover
    We're talking survival and sometimes survival is not moral or pretty.

Good point.

That's why I say let em do it....for now. Once things get under better control, you have to work to restore some kind of order. You can't continue to let people run wild. But there will be some who refuse to accept authority and will have to be dealt with.

On the flip side of that argument, and with some valid points....anyone with half a brain knew that they lived in a bowl below sea level and knew what a strong hurricane would do. Those people left. Now you have people who didn't leave looting and destroying what the storm didn't. There are some who, I'm sure, couldn't afford to leave for whatever reason, but some people are just stupid. They refused to leave because they didn't want to, now they're the ones who have to be rescued or have to loot stores to survive, which in turn, we'll pay for because their actions affects insurance which affects us, because the rates go up for everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit