Did You See All Those Looters?!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 65 Replies latest social current

• undercover
    undercover

You've got two kinds of looters:

A man walked down Canal Street with a pallet of food on his head. His wife, who refused to give her name, insisted they weren't stealing from the nearby Winn-Dixie supermarket. "It's about survival right now," she said as she held a plastic bag full of purloined items. "We got to feed our children. I've got eight grandchildren to feed."

This is survival...no problem. Sometimes you have to resort to lowering yourself to feed your family.

Then there's this:

Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.

These are common criminals taking advantage of a situation. These low-lifes should be arrested and made to pay restitution...or if they resist...shoot em. Shoot a couple of looters and they'll think twice about stealing a case of beer.

This statement pisses me off:

"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.

What a load of horse shit...just because he feels oprressed, he's gonna get even by stealing and looting? Just what did Winn-Dixie grocery stores do to people to keep them oppressed?

• Valis
    Valis
    Shoot a couple of looters and they'll think twice about stealing a case of beer.

hey now!

• undercover
    undercover
    Shoot a couple of looters and they'll think twice about stealing a case of beer.
    hey now!

Well...at least leave an IOU...

• horrible life
    horrible life

Will trade a big juicy steak with all the trimmings, for a New camera cell phone, Blackberry, Plasma TV, String of Pearls, Solitare Diamond or just about

anything of value. Please, no water logged electronics. Please call. If you cant get to a phone, just meet me on any street corner. HL

• IronGland
    IronGland

The possibility of alligators swimming into the city from the swamps has been suggested. Perhaps they will control the looters.

• Valis
    Valis
    Perhaps they will control the looters.

Don't forget the copperheads, water mocassins and cotton mouths!

• talesin
    talesin

Maybe there will be a gas leak and they'll all get blown to smithereens!

JUST THINK of all the welfare bums that would be eradicated!!! Woo hoo!

tal

• IronGland
    IronGland

Sadly,that water is not going anywhere until it can be pumped out. I predict a cholera outbreak within a few days.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

If you have ever been in nola, you will know that it is surrouned by poverty striken areas. if you walk away from the mississippi when you leave the french 1/4 you are in the projects, not a safe place to be alone in the best of times at night, not to mention when people have no water or food, elec. ect.

I have a ccw lic to carry a hand gun when I go to nola, I have taken a couple of b&b's on the out skirts of the french 1/4 and always felt a little safer having my walther ppks under my right arm. Never had to use it thank god, but if it were needed, I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

BTW cotton mouths and water mak's are the same snake, fyi fwiw dep. I totaly agree with the coment there is not elect, the food is going to spoil in a matter of days, so use it up. winn dixie will put it on the insurance tab any how.

Most of the real jewlery was locked up at night in the store safe. you never see real jewlery sitting in a window after hours, water will not hurt gold silver and diamonds, as far as clothes they will be ruined by the water, what I hate to see is the destruction of historical land and artifacts.

It is also heart breaking to see people with out the basics, this is not going to be under control for days.

• Valis
    Valis
    BTW cotton mouths and water mak's are the same snake, fyi fwiw dep

eheh oops foprgot about that..

You know I was just thinking....if they caught people looting they should put some dye, bright orange right on the forehead!, on them that won't come off for a couple weeks...then they would be marked as theives and could be dealt with later or be castigated by the community at least..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit