Family tragedy.........HappyDad

by HappyDad 142 Replies latest social family

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I just saw this thread today....I cannot even imagine.

Happy Dad, my thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Another one, here, reading this for the first time

I am sooo sorry to hear this.

(((HD)))

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I didn't see this before either...

I'm so sorry.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was wondering how HappyDad was holding up too..

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

((((((((((((((hd))))))))))))))))))))) Good vibes and well wishes comin atcha!!!

-April

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Thought about you today and just wanted to let you know that we care.

-Aude.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hi everyone,

I want to thank all of you who posted for your love and concern regarding this family tragedy.

It's Wednesday afternoon and the first day since I got here that I have the house all to myself. My daughter and s-i-l went to work today and it is what they need (especially Ron) to keep their minds occupied on other things.

My plane arrived about 11:45 AM friday. Ron was in Tampa with his older son Ron JR., his mother and the ex's family. He didn't want my daughter there. He has totally shut her out since this happened. Although he kept telling her that she needs to stay home and take care of the business, she still wanted to be there for him. But, looking at it another way......the ex and her family do not like my daughter (but the kids loved her) even though Ron and her got together way after the first marriage was over. But yesterday at the funeral and now after it is over, Ron did dote over my daughter some. I'm happy about that. They took Austin off of life support at noon and he was gone within 7 minutes. A very sad and emotional time for all, I'm sure! My heart was aching for all of them.

It was supposed to be closed casket, but Ron's ex and family took it upon themselves to have it opened. Ron left early to drive the 45 miles to Palmdale ( a very small community near Lake Okeechobie, FL) for the first family viewing. That is when he told all concerned that he would not allow an open casket. Sierra had to be 'reconstructed' so much that she did not look like herself.

My daughter and I rode with Ron's mother and her boyfriend. and when we got there, we were allowed to view Sierra and Austin in private. Then the casket was closed. Both kids were in the one casket shoulder to shoulder and looking at them was heart wrenching......just to comprehend what happened!

The service was at a small rural Baptist church and the service was very good.......reminiscing about what the kids liked to do and what their personality was like. Sierra and Austin had gone to vacation bible school there and everyone knew them. So many people came that the social hall next door was used for the overflow crowd. And many still had to stand outside. Someone from the church who was at the vacation bible school put a video together of Austin and Sierra with the other kids and gave copies to the family.

We then drove about 15 miles to the cemetery and after a short service there, it was back to the church social hall for a meal put together by the church members for all in attendance. I saw and experienced more love and concern from that small church than I ever saw in the KH.

Three women friends from my daughter's church came for her and Ron's support and it was good to see them there. All of Ron's employees and some of their family also came. Even the garage owners who do Ron's mechanical work on the trucks came.

In my beginning posts, I wrote information as I was told. But one item was totally false as I have since found out. As far as the mother of the children (Ron's ex), I was told that she had leg injuries that required surgery. FALSE! That was said by one of her totally hysterical family members. The only injury she has is bruised ribs. She did go into cardiac arrest the evening of the accident and the medical staff pulled her through that. I'm glad she is not injured to any extent. She is suffering enough with the loss of two of her three kids.

So for now, they all have to take it one day at a time to try to get back to normal. The memories will always be there and the hurt will take a long time to ease. I pray that all works out well for them.

I am fairing ok through this since I was not family to these children. But I still cared for them. My heartache goes to what Ron is feeling and also my daughter who was very kind to these kids and gave them some stability that they did not have in their home. I'm looking forward to flying back home Monday and getting my life back in gear. Time to start thinking about cooler weather coming.

That's about all I can think of for now. 
    HappyDad 
  • Sassy
    Sassy

so heartwrenching.. thanks for the update HappyDad.. our hearts are with you and your loved ones.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Happydad, I just read this thread today, I am so sorry for your family's loss, I do hope that time will heal the heartbreak that the family has had to face.

My sincere condolences.

cj

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((((((HD)))))))))))

Thank you for posting this update, however heartbraking. You are really caring and this is invaluable to Ron and your daughter.

Please take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit