The 12-Member Governing Body - Pics, info and analysis on the new additions

by Neo 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

Oh well, a year has 12 months, the GB has 12 members. Guess what? Someone who probably reads this board is "running ahead of the organization" and has put together a wonderful and new theocratic publication.

It's for real!! It's selling on ebay! Presenting...

The 2006 Governing Body Calendar!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a brand new 2006 calendar showing a different Governing Body member for each month. There are now 12 Governing Body Members. They are as follows: Carey Barber, Albert Schroeder, John Barr, Daniel Sydlik, Theodore Jaracz, Guy Pierce, Samuel Herd, Gerritt Losch,
    David Splane, Steve Lett , Anthony Morris, Geoffrey Jackson.

11 x 8.5 in., Coil-bound, 100# interior paper, full-color (CMYK) interior ink, 100# exterior paper, full-color (CMYK) exterior ink.

Have fun!

Neo

• Neo
    Neo

MJ,

Jaracz sure looks like ol' Milton Henshel in that pic...

alt

Henschel really looked like Jaracz in the pics and I'm sure people confused them in conventions and stuff.. Both were the most influential in the GB until his death. But I guess Jaracz has a more pointed nose...

IP_SEC,

If these guys were partaking in my old congo, we'd all be like: "Ya, sure they are annointed, uhhhhuh, sure, riiiiiighhht,"

Gerritt Losch ……………….1941

David Splane ……………... 1944

Steve Lett …………………. 1949

Anthony Morris..................Late 40's/Early 50's (?)

Geoffrey Jackson ..............Late 40's/Early 50's (?)

That's what I was sort of trying to say in my first post in the thread. If they've made their way to the GB, they had to begin partaking very young, just like those that today are considered weirdos in their congregations when they start partaking. If you keep partaking for years, they come to accept it. Yesterday I found out the new GB members' ages. Morris is 55 and Jackson is 50! Can you believe that? So, Jackson was born in either 1954 or 1955. Imagine he started partaking at 20. That was in 1975, 40 years after the "heavenly calling" ended! That's completely embarrassing! What credibility does this doctrine have?? For how long will they rely on the "replacements" cop-out? Neo
  • Neo
    Neo

I've just started a thread with new Governing Body pics!

Neo

• Erich
  • Erich
    Erich

Hi.

We know dozens of presidents in corporations belonging to the WTBS.

My question is as follows:

Does the 12-Member Govering Body - in its 2005-scenario - also have a REAL PRESIDENT (like Knorr, Franz, Herschel was.. ) or not ? Is Jaracz (called the boss...) the actual president ?

E.

• IT Support
    IT Support

I was told this story about Carey Barbour by a friend who says he heard it first-hand (or should that be first-ear?):

A black lad who was a newbie at Bethel was at Barbour's table. "Pass the salt, boy," said Barbour to the newbie.

Feeling this was an unintended racial slur, the newbie said, "Pardon, what did you say?"

"Pass the salt, ni**er," retorted Barbour.

Deathly silence round the whole table. Barbour continues unperturbed.

Can anyone confirm this story is accuate?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yo....it support...i been waiting with baited breath for ya comments on this...

it was well worth the wait....

• IT Support
    IT Support

tij,

yo....it support...i been waiting with baited breath for ya comments on this...

it was well worth the wait....

Such sarcasm.

I've not been around much recently, so tonight's my first time here for weeks. I'll send you a pm.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Erich asked:
    Does the 12-Member Govering Body - in its 2005-scenario - also have a REAL PRESIDENT (like Knorr, Franz, Herschel was.. ) or not ? Is Jaracz (called the boss...) the actual president ?

No. The governing body has a rotating chairmanship, and no official President. Jaracz appears to be the most powerful member in practice, but officially the members are all equal.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Much ado about nothing was made when the GB "stepped down as officers of the corporation(s)." Too much work for them I guess. Some of the elderly ones likely put in 3-4 hours or real "work" dailey aside from the Wednesday meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit