OK, So I finally tried some Marmite.

by El Kabong 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I guess the advertising is true, you either love it or you hate it. I love it.

Apparently - it's based on a by-product of the brewing industry.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I agree with Chrissy.

If Marmite is from demons as Paul J said, then where does Nutella come from?

Hint:

• horrible life
    horrible life

From the Gods!!! Just go get a big spoonful, get cozy in front of the TV, enjoy. HL

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Ang: Thanks for the barf bag. I needed that.

Tried it this morning on toast with butter. It tasted a LITTLE better, but I think the jar is going to be in my house for a LONG LONG time.

Hmmmm, My Daughters boyfriend is coming for a visit. Maybe I'll MAKE him eat the rest of the Marmite. (evil laugh)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I got introduced to Vegemite by a friend from down-under... been a few years ago, now.

I tried it... kinda liked it. The ex-wife and daughter though... *mental a funny face*

I even bought a jar locally - and continued to spoon a bit onto toast. The person told me to start off slow - and increase it a bit... which I did.

Then this person came from Australia to Texas, for a visit.

I took my jar to breakfast with me - to a local restaurant, where I got my toast, and proceeded to spread the Vegemite on the toast. I heard a bit of gasping, and grunting from my friend. I looked up, and asked, "What?"

She was horrified! She said that I was spreading it on too thick! She then proceeded to spread it so thin that you could read through it. Sheesh! Wimp! *wide grin*

I still have some Vegemite in the cupboard, somewhere... I kinda quit eating it.

Oh. Also... be careful. The first time I tried it, it peeled the hide off the insides of my mouth!

Regards,

Jim TX

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i cant believe you all!!

its fantastic stuff especially with a cup of bovril with pepper in, ummmmm (tho it makes u pretty thirsty!)

i think its meant to be good for you too, if it is its about the only thing i like thats good for me.

hail marmite!!!

• Es
    Es

LOL thats so cute how you tried it....as Miss Peaches said you put it on toast i love it es

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Some years back a friend introduced me to marmite and peanut butter sandwiches - much better for you than peanut butter and jelly.

The trick is to spread it very thinly - and I mean - very thinly - so that you can see the butter through it still.

The Brits give it to children on buttered bread or toast which is then cut into 'soldiers' for dipping into soft boiled eggs.

Can be used in a roast beef sandwich as a change from horseradish or mustard, or to spice up a plain cheese sandwich.

It contains Vitamins B 1, 2, 3 and 12, and folic acid.

Seems to be a 'love it' or 'hate it' product.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hot buttered toast, marmite and cottage cheese.

KK of the 'lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it im lovin' it like that' class

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Marmite on toast is the dogs b*ll*x!!!

I will confess that I once grossed even myself out after one night on the tiles, by putting Marmite, Peanut butter and chicken all on a roll.

It wasn't as satisfying as a Vindaloo, but I think I was beyond caring. It's surprising what you'll ingest when you have the munchies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit