OK, So I finally tried some Marmite.

by El Kabong 54 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

OMG.....I love it!!!!

I think the key is to apply it thinly though on the toast....to much, is over loading and is waay to salty..

It is great in a gravy base as well....

I guess you have to have brit in your blood line to approve of it..lol...

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I have never tried marmite (marmeet). I did, because of this thread look it up. It is DISGUSTING!!!! I would never try it. It is made from sludge leftover from brewing beer. By the time I was done reading about it, my face was totally distorted by disgust at what it was made of.

The sludge leftover from brewing beer...........................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The sludge leftover from brewing beer...........................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And not just any beer - but British beer

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Marmite is foul. I think it was sent to earth from the demons.....

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Agreed British beer certainly does suck donkey balls.

Back to topic. Marmite is an acquired taste, just like donkry balls :)

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Marmite? Phooey!

VEGEMITE: all the way!

It's good for you; it takes a bit of getting used to. You don't spread it on as thick as you would peanut butter. Start off as what has been mentioned before. It has a wide variety of B vitamins. Also, you ever wonder why those AUSSIES kick ass at the Olympics???

Could it be? Vegemite?

I would have to agree.

I'm with my fellow colonialists: Vegemite, rocks!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Question: Would you pour salt into your mouth, to see what it tasted like?

Like salt, Marmite is to be used VERY sparingly, when you are unused to it.

• under74
    under74

Never even heard of it until this post. I have tried vegemite and thought it was like swollowing vomit. Is that what marmite tastes like?

Jiffy Peanut Butter is good.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm sure I could become accustomed to it. Heck, in one of my health-nut phases as a teen I used to mix brewer's yeast in water and gulp it all down with my yummy bowl of wheat germ and skim milk. Talk about yuck factor. LOL

• Englishman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit