OK, So I finally tried some Marmite.

by El Kabong 54 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I was in downtown Annapolis today and went into a British/Irish store that sells goods imported from the UK. I saw a bottle of Marmite and decided to try it. I bought the bottle, and when I got home I tried it.
    My question is, Who the heck eats this stuff? God, it's awful!!!!!! I couldn't even finish my dinner because I couldn't get that God-awful taste out of my mouth. Horrid stuff!!!! Yuck!!!! Ewwww!!!!

In case I wasn't clear enough, I didn't care for it at all.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh dear you probably tried it all wrong.

Marmite is a lot like vegemite.

For your first introduction to the product you should try the following...

1 - toast some bread
    2 - butter toast liberally
    3 - spread on a bit of marmite/vegemite so it leaves a light brown thin layer of the product on the toast (do not spread thickly)
    4 - enjoy!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL!!!!!! You are a braver soul than me. There's a jar of it at work (many British people work there) and it looks disgusting. I tend to like different things, but I'm too chicken to try it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Better to stick with bong water El, it tastes better!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Perhaps I did try it all wrong. I just put some on my pinky and tasted it. (shudder)
    When I get this horrid taste out of my mouth, perhaps I'll try it on buttered toast as suggested. But, it might be a while before I can muster up the courage to try it again.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I KNEW IT!!!!

You lot are always trying it the wrong way. Seriously give it a try the way I suggest it and you might be pleasantly surprised.

You don't eat marmite/vegemite straight off your pinky!!!!

And lonelysheep - I recommend at least trying it... You may like it!

• luna2
    luna2

I looked marmite up online as I was thinking about ordering some to try. Somehow "yeast extract paste" doesn't sound wildly appealing.

If I do end up purchasing some, I'll remember your directions, misspeaches. LOL

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah Luna, sounds like a vaginal infection

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The downunder response has to be VEGEMITE !!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Doofdaddy LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO LOL LOL LOL LOL

HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit