When Did You Realize That You REALLY Were Going To Die?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Actually I was going to start a topic on this subject, I have been fading for over a year now and im finding it really difficult comming to terms with the fact that one day either my husband or I are going to die and one of us is going to be left!

At the back of my mind I knew it wouldnt happen but I just felt it was like looking forward to a dream holiday, you never think it going to arrive but it does and thats how I felt about the new system.

Ive become very morbid lately, aswell as enjoying my new freedom, I keep thinking when my aged parents die thats it. Its really hard.

Its not my own imortality that hurts me its for the ppl I love.

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks, GBL! Last time I cried for nearly two years over the same subject!

This time, I've got a grip! (Only just)

Vitty - I think that you have a point. The distress is not for ourselves but for the person that we lose. The sheer powerlessness, and loss is too immense and heartbreaking.

• lola28
    lola28

May of 2004 when I came on this web-site.

lola

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Well, doesn't this thread prove that apostates have nothing better to offer than the Witness' Biblical Hope For Mankind (c)?

For me it was probably 6 or 7 years ago. The only time I really have faced my mortality was in the OR just before they put me to sleep for my heart operation. I said to the surgeon, just please make sure I wake up. "Had I did snuff it, I would not be here to tell the story I've told, oh my brothers."

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Never being a JW, I have always known I would die. I was taught as a catholic child that everyone must die. They were right then and are right now, at least about that!

I asked the JW I studied with last month if the wages of sin is death, he agreed. Then does that mean some JWs believe they are without sin?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

When 1975, 76, 77... passed and no armageddon. Seriously!

Then in Nov 81 when I survived a suicide attempt and reaized I really could have died, I changed my life completely, leaving an abusive husband, and doing life-things I always wanted to do like sail, ski, etc., that my parents told me I couldn't do because of my "handicaps".

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i'm gonna die?

i'm gonna die!!

...i'm gonna die...

alrighty then, i'm gonna die.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Just a minute ago when I started reading this thread! {LOL} No, seriously...

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

September 1990 I finally understood the Watchtower was not God's Channel of Truth but a pack of lies. I then had a Heavenly hope with the Bible Students.

April 1998 I accepted that the supernatural does not exist and there is no Heaven, no God, no spirit world. That is when I understood that I will die one day and cease to exist for eternity.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Part of me is still in denial. And who knows, maybe we do have a consciousness that lives on. If this is so, then perhaps we don't die, except for physically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit