When Did You Realize That You REALLY Were Going To Die?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I have to start planning for retirement, for old age, and other things that I never ever thought about before.

I'm not sure why the Witnesses don't care about their future in this world. Even if Armageddon were real, no one knows when it's going to come.

Every time someone would bring up a future event in a social setting, at least one witnoid would say, "The world won't be here in 5 years anyway, so it doesn't matter!"

That was over 10 years ago. I'm sure the same imbeciles who made these statements are still saying the same thing.

• minimus
    minimus

I talked to my daughter's best friend last night. She and her husband (who I married) rarely go to meetings. They know that I no longer go. Their biggest trouble is that they still feel guilty and are very much afraid that they will die at Armageddon.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

I suppose it was when I finally realised that I had been so gullible and had accepted all of the JW teachings and then had the "rug pulled from under my feet" when I discovered all of the lies and hypocrises from the JWs.

I don't believe though that this life is all there is. If there is a God who created all of the universe, then he must have a purpose for the rest of the universe. This planet earth is such a tiny speck in the whole scheme of things, that I do believe that there must be much more to come. More scrolls to be opened - and afterall Jesus said he was going away to prepare a place for us - in his father's mansion there are many abobes (or something like that)

It has been recently discovered that mankind has an area of their brain which apparently is for spiritual matters and that couldn't have evolved. Spiritually is not necessary for evolution.

I guess I am still hoping, but then if I die and there is nothing after this life - I won't know anything anyway. As has already been said, the concern is for the ones you leave behind

Twink

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."

DantheMan, I LOVED that book!

GBL

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I talked to my daughter's best friend last night. She and her husband (who I married)

wait a moment... minimus married his daughter's best friend's husband? oh.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

On the very first act of penetration that wasnt with my husband, shortly after we split up. (oh sorry, was that too much detail?)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

... penetration ... split up.... ummm... continue...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well after that first time, I thought 'hell im gonna die forever now, might as well get a bit more practise in. You can only die once, but I can do this thing til my eyes pop out!'

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i will live forever
    or die trying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit