No longer here to irritate.

by defd 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

defd:

I shall miss you too although there may have been more to your presence, do you think?

Anyway, I'm sure scholar will miss you heaps!

Seriously, can't you admit in just a small way that your time here has 'opened your eyes' to the belief system known as Jehovah's Witnesses'.

I hope your 'calling it a day' isn't because you've found you lack answers! That should cause you to spend more time in 'checking to see if it was true'.

Anyway, we wish you God-speed in your progress along the road to true freedom!

Cheers, Ozzie

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Defd,

If you ain't gonna post any more, why not spend the time doing some real research into the truth. Perhaps you'll find more time to review some very wise posts from people like Confession.

Alternatively, may I suggest you read the New Testament, or at least John's gospel and Paul's letters to the Romans, Galatians and Ephesians. If you consider yourself a Christian, then Christian values are found in the Christian scriptures and there should not be a greater emphasis on the old testament.

At least post occasionally, just so we know how you are doing.

I hope you don't reject the unconditional friendship that remains on offer.

• shera
    shera

All the best..always think for yourelf and always look into your doubts.Don't enore them!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey defd,

I wish you the best in your journeys. I hope you'll stop back by now and then.

SNG

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    But please consider one thing: Leaving the Watchtower Society, does NOT mean leaving Jehovah. If you believe the Bible is God's Word, then start reading it. Read it unfettered with the words of the Watchtower magazine explaining it to you. Jehovah gave you a head to reason with and a heart to follow...read the Bible on your own and use what God gave you. You'll be surprised at how much the WTS does NOT live up to the teachings of God's Word. Start with Galatians or Ephesians or Romans. You'll be surprised by the words as you read them like a book, in context.

Billygoat makes an excellent suggestion here. This is one of the things I now love about the Bible. Most witnesses read the Bible to prove that the Watchtower is right. It is pure joy to read it to see what it really says.

BTW defd, you and I never did hit it off. You refused to answer my posts for the most part. But understand please, that I wasted 40 years inside that organization. It did not ruin my life. Many good morals are taught there, and family life. Anyone who chooses to stay in, more power to them. But I know now that it is not the 'Truth'. Perhaps you do also by now. I am a good person - Bible trained person. Some of that I must owe to the WTBTS. But I have come to detest dogmatic self-righteous mentality. The witness judging is detestable to me now. I make judgements, but I leave the judging to Jesus. Ok - peace I hope. Come back if u wish. Lurk and learn. This in not the 'truth' either. That is, not pure truth. But there is darn bunch of it here at times.

Jeff

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I never really talked to you did I? So don't go yet and I'm sure you won't.

Hibie

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

hey Derrick....sorry I did not have a chance to get to know you better......I just started posting really and now you are leaving and you are from TEXAS.....mind telling me from where?

Anyways...I wish you the best for your future...whether it be in a Kingdom Hall or not. Please don't judge people on their beliefs or disbeliefs.......who are we to do that?

Good luck!

• trevor
    trevor
    Anyways...I wish you the best for your future...whether it be in a Kingdom Hall or not. Please don't judge people on their beliefs or disbeliefs.......who are we to do that?

So true.

I there was one thing we learnt from all those years of judging other people and thinking we were right, therefore everyone else must be wrong, this sums it up.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I miss the guy.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I will miss you and hope you come back defd - agape

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit