Pictures from Today's Hike

by Gretchen956 41 Replies latest social physical

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Today we went on a hike to Summit Lake just outside Mt. Rainier National Park. I wanted to share some of the pictures, its so gorgeous up there!

Sherry

(I hope this works!!)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow! The rockie mtns are one thing that i miss from out west.

S

• Princess
    Princess

WOW Sherry, those are some beautiful pics! What a gorgeous hike.

Steve rode the RAMROD (Ride Around Mt Rainier in One Day) two weeks ago. I sat in Enumclaw at the finish line reading my book and occasionally staring at the mountain. Can you ever get enough of it.

I totally wanted to move there and then I slapped myself up alongside the head. It's Enumclaw for God's sake.

You guys up for some fishing soon? We went last week but nothing. Going again in two weeks and then probably most weekends in September.

Rachel

• talesin
    talesin

Sherry, how beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I love the Rockies, and hope to make it back 'out west' in the next couple of years. *sigh*

tal

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Rachel, Kim has been looking for someone to go fishing with, she's been wanting to go on a charter but doesn't want to go alone and I'm not enough of a fisherman to spend all that money! Where have you guys been fishing at? I'm not sure when the fish start running again on the Cowlitz, but you guys are sure welcome to camp on our property (we even have a hookup if you want power, water, etc.) , its only about 10 miles from some of the best salmon and steelhead fishing in the country. Also there's a lake less than 1/2 a mile away for kayaking, swimming, etc.

Sherry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Actually this is not in the Rocky Mountains. Mt. Rainier is a volcano, although it hasn't blown in several hundred years. Its a couple hundred miles west of the Rockies in the Cascade Mountains in western Washington. If you're ever in Seattle this mountain dominates the horizon, and does so for a hundred miles south at least. Around here we just call her "The Mountain". We're very lucky (you might say blessed) to have such beauty in our backyard.

Sherry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Sherry, on a very clear day we can even see "the Mountain" from down here in Portland, along with Mt St Helens, Mt Adams, Mt Hood, and Mt. Jefferson and Sisters from the right location. When I lived in Seattle and Kirkland, She was quite the presence.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, everything far west of the Appalachians is "the Rockies" to me ... someone posted a great pic of Mount Hood last year, it was pretty amazing.

tal

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

And Mt. Rainier is 2000+ feet higher than Mt. Hood.

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

Wow, what a lovely scenic environment to view! Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit