How Do We See Others On A Discussion Board?

by Sunspot 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Annie, could testosterone have anything to do with this aggressive affliction, ya think?

Frannie, unless some women have unnaturally high levels of testosterone, I have to disagree. I've seen FAR more women become 'personally' hostile on message boards than men.

In my experience with message boards, personal vendettas often have to do with jealousy, pure and simple.

Some people become 'fixated' on certain posters. They think of them in a much more personal manner than they should. Some people tend to become jealous over silly reasons because they believe the relationship is much more than it actually is.

Then when the truth of the virtual relationship is brought to light, all hell breaks loose.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie, unless some women have unnaturally high levels of testosterone, I have to disagree. I've seen FAR more women become 'personally' hostile on message boards than men.

In my experience with message boards, personal vendettas often have to do with jealousy, pure and simple.

Sonnyboy, you really should read more than one response to a topic, hon. (gives Sonny noogies)

Frannie

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Sonnyboy, you really should read more than one response to a topic, hon. (gives Sonny noogies)

I was responding to the second response, but maybe I'm not comprehending things as well as I should right now.

*now Frannie hates me*

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    *now Frannie hates me*

LOL! No, I don't! I was just pointing out the post you were responding to was one of the first of several in a series of conversational posts on this thread, cher!

Frannie

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

LOL

Okay.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Hmmm... 18-19 year olds sure have a lot of testosterone. I'm not sure where I'm at, at 33 1/2 years old. I know I've had enough psychological trauma and way too much physical trauma for someone of my age. I consider myself an empathetic, family-oriented, confrontation-avoiding person. Even in my bar-hopping days of my 20s I was always known as the "peace-maker," breaking up fights and cooling things down with the right words (I'll spare you all the anecdotes). I've found that these days I can be calm and quick to say "sorry," but I get a sense of fury when my family or those I am close to are wronged. All part of growing up I suppose. Yahweh knows the JW cult stunted me until I started thinking for myself when I was 25. So these foreign emotions are still rather new to me and seeing psychologists, talking with very wise friends, and doing a lot of reading has helped.... I hope. And yes, this post is genuine; I'm not f**king around here.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've seen FAR more women become 'personally' hostile on message boards than men.

I don't think this is a matter of gender. It's a human thing.

Sometimes people who like to start trouble are obvious. Other times it's more the way we look at individual posters. I might like a poster and see that poster as just stating personal views. Then someone else may not like the poster or the way they look at things and see them in a more negative light.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Yahweh knows the JW cult stunted me until I started thinking for myself ...

I can relate to that.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I try my best to respect everyones opinion, i realise that everyone here, although in the majority we share the JW's as a background, we all have different beliefs and different upbringing with different standards. if someone comes out with something extreme, then i think there must be a reason for that and act accordingly.

• trevor
    trevor

sunspot

I agree that the initial comment a poster makes on a thread affects how others respond.

This is particularly so with those who are still Jehovah’s Witnesses and like to come here and run with hare while hunting with the hounds. If they are looking for help they will be given help. If they come on and attack posters for questioning their religion, then they cannot expect the same level of support that polite seekers of truth receive.

I often find that the very attitude they complain about in other posters is a mirror reflection of their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit