Honestly, how many beers can you drink before you get drunk?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    I poisoned myself with all the iron

Is there Iron in beer?

I have way too much iron in me...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sonny:It's an aquired taste. IMHO the bottled stuff tastes like crap, but the draught stuff is nectar of the gods!

If you keep on trying it, once a week, you WILL succumb to the dark side, I assure you!

JH:There is in Guinness. It's one of the few alcoholic drinks they used to recommend for pregnant mothers, over here.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    If you keep on trying it, once a week, you WILL succumb to the dark side, I assure you!

I've vowed not to drink beer before the fall semester, so maybe I'll give it another go then...maybe.

I've never had draft; I bought a 32oz. bottle and attempted to split it with a friend.

On a positive Guinness note, my rose bush seemed to like it.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I just came home from the pub and saw this thread, I had 5 pints of stout tonight and I'm ok, another pint would have done it I guess

• JH
    JH

Cheers dedpoet !!! Make believe it's Budlight

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Another Guinness drinker, here.

I used to drink Guinness, but lately I've developed a taste for Black Wych. Yum!

W

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm the designated driver almost always. For me smelling the bottle cap is almost enough. Truth of the matter I don't remember when I drank more than two, you'd have to go back about 15 years. When I do drink a beer it has to be a microbrew, I detest that pisssywater of the bud/coors/ etc.. total grossness.

Sherry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

alright! Another D. D.... Designated Driver.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    sonnyboy wrote:
    And I can't stand a thick, dark beer. I tried Guinness a few months ago and couldn't even finish the mug...dark beers have an anise/black licorice taste to them which doesn't agree with my stomach in liquid form. That flavor belongs in a jelly bean.

I love dark beers myself, but I'm not terribly crazy about Guinness. If you're going to try a dark beer again, I'd recommend Black Butte Porter, TD's Nut Brown Ale, or Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

• talesin
    talesin

Sonny,

Guiness is a class of its own, and I don' t much care for it. Brown ale, best bitter, wheat ale, they all have a more full-bodied taste than the mass-produced Budweisers, Coors and Mooseheads of the world (and yes, I live in the HOME of Moosehead). They also contain many preservatives and chemicals, including formaldehyde (as you prolly know). The micro brews are smooth, have character, and are not heavy like ... but what am I saying? You know more about all this stuff than I do ,,, DOH! I agree with you on the Heini; there are some beers that just taste skunky when they are not icy cold ...

Anyone ever try FAX beer? That stuff is wild! It comes in 7, 8 and 10%, and does strange things to the head ... tried it once, had two cans ... never again.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit