Honestly, how many beers can you drink before you get drunk?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I was nearly shocked by this, however I remembered you guys over in America don't drink pints nor real beer!

JH is not in America, he's in Canada like me. We brew some of the best beers in the world.

Which brings me to my question?

JH, WTF are you doing drinking Bud Light???

Buy some real beer.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

8 Canadian beers....

6 Dutch beers....

4 Belgian beers....

15 American beers....

• JH
    JH

Many people around here (Quebec) drink American beers. It's different, that's all.

I love drinking Bud Light. It's true that is a little watered down, but it's good. I used to drink Labatt blue, but now I drink Bud . I can drink a few more, and I love it. I won't drink anything else

Bud light is the world's best selling light beer

Budweiser, the world’s best-selling beer, and Bud Light, the world’s best-selling light beer, are brewed by Anheuser-Busch, the world’s largest brewer.
  • inquirer
    inquirer

@JH

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JH:

I love drinking Bud Light. It's true that is a little watered down, but it's good.

I didn't know you were a proponent of homeopathy

Ellie:I agree. Out-of-your-face drunkenness goes beyond even funny.

I stopped smiling after I saw about my second dozenth man pass out and pee his pants. It loses it's shock and humour value, after a while. It's even worst when you have to call the emergency services because they're totally comatose and at risk of drowning in their own vomit.

• Mary
    Mary

It depends.....I actually managed to have two small beer when we were out for lunch the other day and I was okay but my stomach couldn't possibly have drank any more. Chugger

What was funny was I had one glass of wine yesterday afternoon (outside) and I felt like I was bombed out of my mind.....I ended up falling asleep in the lounger under the tree for about 1/2 an hour...

Stargazing

LOL.......I certainly can't drink like I could when I was 19 that's for sure........

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

It depends on a few factors:

1) How much have I eaten that day? If I have an empty stomach, I can acheive a nice buzz on three 12 oz. beers. If you mean stumbling drunk, I cannot acheive this on beer, period.

2) How much did I drink the day before? If I put a few away the previous day, my tolerance will be up. It'll take between 4-5 in that case.

3) Is it draft beer, bottled, or canned? ANY draft beer gets you more intoxicated than store bought, even the 'lights'. I don't know why this is. And it seems that bottled beer always packs a bigger buzz than canned beer.

4) What brand is it? Most beers on the market are 5% alcohol. It doesn't really matter which brand of 5% you choose, one doesn't get me much drunker than the other under most circumstances (see #5). Then you move up (or down) into the 5.5, 5.9. and even 8.1% beers. If you're looking for a quicker buzz, go with one of these. Warning: these demand an acquired taste.

5) Is the beer my 'normal' brand or not? I've found that changing brands can bring on more of an initial buzz, even if they have the same alcohol content. I'm not sure why this is either. I speculate that I become accustomed to the recipe of my normal beer, and the new mix is a shock to my system. In conclusion, no beer (besides the 8.1 on a good day) can get me "drunk", and the number it would take to bring on a nice buzz is varies between 3 and 6.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do, it's usually a Best Bitter,,, mmmm, nice and dark, and it doesn't need to be cold. I find that the American-type beer is too watery, and is very 'skunky' tasting if it's not chilled. I'm with you Brits on this one.

So, give me 3 or 4 Garrison or Propeller pints, and I am tipsy. Any more turns the stomach sour. Much better, for me, is a good single malt scotch any day of the week.

And absolutely not even 1 beer and driving. Nope.

tal

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Another Guinness drinker, here.

When I was a kid I used to stoke away four pints a night. I poisoned myself with all the iron - a true story!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I find that the American-type beer is too watery, and is very 'skunky' tasting if it's not chilled.

That 'skunky' taste and smell probably comes from improper importation. I have the same problem with Corona, Heineken, etc.: one batch will taste like a skunk's behind, and the next batch will taste crisp and fresh.

And I can't stand a thick, dark beer. I tried Guinness a few months ago and couldn't even finish the mug...dark beers have an anise/black licorice taste to them which doesn't agree with my stomach in liquid form. That flavor belongs in a jelly bean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit