Honestly, how many beers can you drink before you get drunk?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

It depends entirely on the beer. "Clear" beer like Coors, Bud, and Miller I can probably drink a 12 pack without getting too lousy, I work for a microbrewery and we have some beers that are around 7-8% alc. by volume. Those can get you silly after a few pints. Then there are beers like Terminal Gravity IPA, and Hair Of The Dog that are basically "barley wines" -high octane jet fuel.

• shera
    shera

I am not a beer drinker,I drink one or two and I'm into my whiskey or Smirnoff Ice, and long island ice teas.

I noticed in the states last summer,the smirnoff ice,is only 5 % and up here in Canada its 7%,so it takes about 4 of them for me and I'm not drinking much more after that.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Terminal Gravity IPA, and Hair Of The Dog that are basically "barley wines" -high octane jet fuel.

We're talking European beer-fest stregnth - now we're talking!

• Carol
    Carol

One beer puts me to sleep, however I can drink 7 or 8 Long Island Iced Teas or Margaritas and 6 to 8 shots of Jack Daniels on the rocks or tequilla shots with lime and salt without to much of an affect. Right now my poisen of choice is a good chilled Reisling or Spatlese....I can usually finish a bottle or two by myself in the course of an evening. However, under no circumstances do I drive...even after one drink, as the legal limit here in Florida (as in other States) is .08, and a DUI would cost me all of my certifications and my job!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'm outta practice in recent years, but three or four pints sees me well on the way these days. Never managed to get drunk yet on the bottles of bud & similar.

This thread's made me thirsty - off to the fridge....

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

After about four or five beers I have a nice buzz going.

GBL

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

For me I can drink around *8* bottles of beer when I start getting a buzz and I am one who can mix my drinks like a few rum and coke and smirnoff Ice , and whiskey, baileys and tequilla and then I pass out ...

what a drunk.

Orangefatcat.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm with Mecurious....It depends on my mood!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

JH, Budlight? Common, gimme a break, that's nothing but watered down pre-piss. No wonder you're not "drunk" after 4 or 5. Do 4 or 5 Chimay's and see how you feel!

To really tell if you're legal or not, the only way is a breathalizer or bloodtest for blood alcohol level.

Me? One's too many and 1000's not enough. I don't drink any more as I had quite enough and then some when I was able to drink. Toward the end, I could only drink a couple of beers and just get sick, not anywhere near drunk. Damn!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Designated Driver anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit