high gas prices? bah!

by doogie 58 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

All the Brits, of course, are wondering what you are moaning about.

• doogie
    doogie

richie:

This crap is crazy- If it hits three dollars- I'm going to Iraq.

you should buy your ticket now. (prices for flights will be a bit higher with $3 gas)

ball:

that's what i keep telling people.

• Purza
    Purza

I saw on the news yesterday that the prices hit $3.09 in SF.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=3342610

The cheapest I can get gas right now is $2.55!

Purza

• JH
    JH

Well, here the price of gas is $1.064 a litre or if you rather $4.02 for an American gallon.

It is expensive, and it will go even higher, and I'm not happy about this. Since everything is delivered, everything will go up in price. So even those who don't have a car, you'll be paying for this anyways.

• doogie
    doogie

JH:

So even those who don't have a car, you'll be paying for this anyways.

i'm not sure i agree (not yet anyway). i've heard this before and it makes sense, but over the last couple years there have been dramatic increases in the cost of oil. so far, things cost the same as before. no obvious price increase at the supermarket or dept stores. i could see a rise if gas suddenly shot up to $10 a gallon, but that seems unlikely. plus, producers of goods are going to increase price as a last resort to compensate for the lost revenue. they'll cut corners in other ways (like mass layoffs). but they are still competing for consumers and consumers are easily bought by low prices.

in a couple of years (like 10 maybe) i can see this increase you mentioned but that could be related to normal economic inflation rather than gas prices.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I live in Holland. We pay c. $4.55 a US gallon.

You guys haven't got a clue what expensive gas is if you ask me... why do you think we all drive around in tiny cars with tiny engines?

This is mine;

... or rather my compan's...oh, yeah, did I mention I don't have to pay for any gas?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ten years ago it cost me about $12.00 to fill my tank. The other day it cost me $28.00.

With enough $1.20 increases, the price starts to add up.

It will be interesting to see how high gas prices will go before people who don't need SUVs stop buying them. In Southern California, the vast majority of the cars on the road are SUVs or large gas-guzzling pickup trucks. Gas here for 89 octane is just under $3 per gallon; when it hits $4 - $5 per gallon, I have a feeling that SUVs will be quite cheap, either new or used.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Costs me >$40 to fill up here.

I wish we could stop using gas altogether.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I live in Holland. We pay c. $4.55 a US gallon.

You guys haven't got a clue what expensive gas is if you ask me... why do you think we all drive around in tiny cars with tiny engines?

Yeah, but I'd die to have Holland's public transportation system and bike & moped paths over here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit