high gas prices? bah!

by doogie 58 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

i have a Cavalier that i fill up maybe once a week (usually less than that actually). this week i paid .10 more a gallon than last week. you know how much extra the rise cost me?

ready?...

$1.20

guess this week i won't be able to splurge and buy...umm...wait, nothing costs $1.20. and i see people driving all around town searching for the lowest gas prices. they almost wet themselves while telling me they found a pump with a lower price by $.03. i just want to smack them and say, "dude, it's 3 friggin cents. even in that bus you call a personal vehicle that comes out to 3 bucks. congratulations. you can afford another small latte this week." you can't even get a decent drink at a bar for 3 bucks.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

there's gas for $1.20 where you live??? holy $hit!!

it's almost 3 bucks a gallon where i'm at.

luv, jojo

• doogie
    doogie

no, no kitty.

umm...the gas is like $2.40, but it only cost me an extra 1.20 to fill up this week over last.

the only $1.20 gas around here is from the taqueria down the street.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

oh

haha silly me

luv, jojo

• doogie
    doogie

yeah, "Gas, Bloating, Flatulence" google ads! man this day just keeps getting better!

• Terry
    Terry

People pay more for bottled water than they do for gas. How far will bottled water take you? As far as the bathroom.

Powering technology with the glop of deceased dinosaurs was not the best plan our science has fostered.

People largely get what they deserve. We elect (or some of you do, I don't) officials who make policies which impact science, technology and gas prices.

The only way to change this trend is to develop (private enterprise) competitive cars with alternate fuels.

This has been done. But--it takes decades to change the course of the ship of state even when the rudder has been turned.

Fuel Cells are it, baby! The have been since the 1800's; however, nobody took notice.

T.

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate
    the only $1.20 gas around here is from the taqueria down the street.

ROTFLMAO

Gracias for the laugh.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I really like paying $2.49 for .75 cent a gallon fuel.

Have you noted that retail prices follow the barrel price of crude right away? Crude shoots up to $63 a with in HOURS retail pump prices will shoot up .15 cents.

When crude prices drop it takes DAYS for pump prices to fall. And they never fall to the price they once were.

Some of the tankers used for oil take a couple of weeks to load , then a week or two to get over to the US and a week or so to unload. The retail fuel you buy today has been "in-country" for months. Are you seeing a pattern here?

Terry makes a point...value for what you get is good...and we can make the point that fuel is as cheap as ever when prices is adjusted to wages and inflation. The reality is my costs have doubled in the last year... and what I get for what I produce is the same.

Bush dropped the ball on his latest Energy Policy... and we pay for it.

~Hill

• doogie
    doogie
    Crude shoots up to $63 a with in HOURS retail pump prices will shoot up .15 cents.

it hit $66 yesterday.

The reality is my costs have doubled in the last year... and what I get for what I produce is the same.

no, i know. it's a lot higher than it was, say, a year ago. i'm mostly talking about the little fluctuations that happen every week. like they say, cheap oil is forever gone. we as consumers can either: a) stop driving (yeah, right), or at least reassess our driving needs, b) get more fuel efficient vehicles, or c) grumble about it but keep paying whatever they sell it for. they'll push it as high as the market allows. if all we do is grumble but keep driving our single passenger behemoths, we have no right to complain about the prices. plus, at the end of the day, i think keeping this stuff in perspective helps (like terry said, look at how much we spend on water).

bring on the hydrogen (or whatever). for now i'll keep driving my 44 mpg car and paying whatever They have determined the market will allow.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

2.40 in raleigh. I got it for 2.25 the other day.

This crap is crazy- If it hits three dollars- I'm going to Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit