WTF!!!!???????

by Valis 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    (maybe a DF'd JW who wants to get re-instated by using your good name?).

lmao!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

pull your credit report asap. and notify your bank to watch for suspicious activity.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I didn't even know that louisiana had legit. cops.

I thought they all just got drunk, spoke french, and wrestled gators...

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

if they called it bullshit. cops dont call nobody for a ticket.

• Xandria
    Xandria

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/idtheft.html

Also look into victim's rights~ you have the right not to be revictimized again by the justice system.

Regards,

X.

• under74
    under74

I would think that officer so and so would be able to look up the cars registration on his own and find out it wasn't you. If the plates and the ID don't match it should be a flag for most cops. Also, who the hell calls a guy he thinks broke the law to tell them that he's going to get your DL revoked? Would he expect for a confession over the phone? Did he expect for you to contest it and fax him yourDL?....most guilty people wouldn't do that. Seems to me this guy's lazy and not doing his job.

Most states have ID theft departments. I would look into your state and contact them if you find a number. Look into the national hotlines as well. And as others said, contact a lawyer to cover your ass.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    pull your credit report asap. and notify your bank to watch for suspicious activity.

Seriously, that's what I was gonna say. There is also info at www.ftc.gov about identity theft. Now that they do have your driver's license, take quick action to ensure no one does any further damage. You faxed your license; now they can open credit cards in your name and who knows what else.

If the cops had the thief's license plate #, then they should have found out who it was. There's really no need for you to do the detective work. You've told your side of the story and now it's up to them. If it really was the cops, that is.

If you cannot prove it was the out of state cops calling, then call your local cops and report it as a scam. You can also report it to your telephone annoyance bureau and the fbi.

• jws
    jws

If he was just after DL info, that can be gotten from websites. Name, DL #, birthday, hair color, eye color, address, driving restrictions. It's all on the site I mentioned earlier. All you need is a Texas name, which he already has. He's not just after your DL info. It's easier to get that than by going to a website than by calling you and trying to get you to reveal it. I suspect he might be pushing towards something else. Credit card number or check for payment of the fine? More checks can be printed with your account and bank # then used to clean out your account - and we all know the power of a credit card number.

In fact, if this is phishing, maybe a site like that is where he got enough info to fake telling you that you have an outstanding ticket. Saying the truck was a rental from Dallas (since he has your DL info and knows that's where you live) is further insulation for him. He doesn't have to know what you drive (publicdata.com doesn't provide name lookup on vehicles). Saying it's a rental means it's harder to track and you can't argue and say you don't own a red pickup. There's just enough to make you stop and think and confuse you.

Can't see it now, but was it a pickup? Do rental companies even rent pickups? Minivans, SUVs, and sedans is all I ever remember seeing in the pictures at the rental counters.

Look up the number for the real police/sheriff's department in that town, call it, and ask for officer Todd. If there really is an officer Todd, ask for a fax of the ticket. If he doesn't know who you are or what you're talking about, then you know there's no ticket.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

It is not the case here in TX, but in NH, if you know someone's DL then you also know their birthdate, and the initials of the first name and last name. I bit annoying I think.

My husbnad had some legit tickets, and VA pulled his PA license a few years ago..when I went to get it straigtened out, I found that he also had tickets in ARK...and man were they a hassle to deal with. PA wouldn't release his lic until AR was paid, even thought he got those BEFORE he got a PA a license...ack...

One thing I would also suggest is see if the phone company will release to you the incoming calls that you got if you don't already have it on the caller id. You should be able to find out where that number is.

Jeez...people can be real pricks now adays..good luck, I hope they get this cleared up for you. Actually, I hope it is just a friend being a bonehead trying to play a joke on you. That would be the best outcome.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Valis, where'd ya go? You stopped posting and you didn't answer the phone when I called.

Did the cops toss you in the pokey for not paying a traffic ticket?

If you want I'll bring you a cake with a file in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit