WTF!!!!???????

by Valis 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Ok so yesterday I am resting from my vacation and my roomie tells me that Officer Todd calls from some conutry fried town in southern Louisiana. New Llano? He says in 2000 I was supposedly speeding through his town in a red pickup truck. The person they pulled over had my driver's license apparently, and unbeknownst to me. I was in New Orleans at the time for Mardi Gras and I remember not having my ID, because I couldn't get into a lot of the bars and clubs. I figured no big deal I will get a new one when I get home. Someone apparently found it and used it. Oddly enough the pickup truck was rented in Dallas even, which leads me to believe my ID was absconded with even earlier than my arrival in New Orleans. So in good faith I fax my DL to Officer Todd in hopes that the signatures would not match. Officer Todd says they are exactly the same! Sheesh...So now I have a warrant for my arrest in Louisiana and Officer Todd says he is filing to have my license revoked. I'm very very pissed off and also not looking forward to dealing with a lawyer. If anyone can do reverse traces on license plates I would REALLY appreciate some help. Officer Todd at least gave me the plate of the truck that the asshole was driving. I am hoping if I can get the VIN # then I can find out who owned the truck in 2000 and maybe just catch this identity thief. ...Thanks for letting me vent and have a great afternoon.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Twilight Zone" class

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

V, did you use any credit cards while in Narlins? If you could track down your receipts and/or old statements that might help prove your case. BTW, what's the statute of limitations on speeding in LA.?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Find out the license plate of the truck and see who rented it. Have them fax you a copy of the ticket, so you can see it. Plead not guilty, and demand a jury trial. They usually don't want to bother with that. HL

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome back, Valis.

Sorry this guy has stolen your identity. I hope it works out in your favor.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Gather all your evidence/explanation send copys to the court via certified mail and ask that charges be dismissed.

If they do nothing you can show good faith for any later developments.[Matt.5:25]

no biggie

• jws
    jws

www.publicdata.com has license number searches for Texas. My membership expired and they don't have secure on-line renewal, so I won't renew. So,... can't help you with that myself.

It would seem as though the license plate number (if it hasn't been reissued) would point back to a rental car company, wouldn't it? Hopefully they can find out who rented it (if they haven't already destroyed the records).

Do you think somebody has a friend in Louisana who is messing with you?

I find it really hard to believe that somebody would happen to look enough like your picture to fool a cop. You have a very individual look (or at least you do now).

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

How do you know it was a police officer that called? Five years ago and only NOW they are calling you?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I fax my DL to Officer Todd

Follow up with the fax number you sent the info to. Make sure it was the St Patrol.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    How do you know it was a police officer that called? Five years ago and only NOW they are calling you?

I was thinking the same thing. The first thing I would do is check out Officer Todd's credentials. This could be a scam.

• Es
    Es

Far out, you poor thing, thats amazing that that can happen. Hope it all works out ok es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit