Quick: How do I JW-proof the house?

by Thegoodgirl 58 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good girl, I agree with you. Do what you gotta do when you are ready. You know your family best.

No one should be forced out of the closet before their time. I've seen what this does to the gay community, and the betrayal within the community and devastation to the families is awful.

Sad to say, it has happened in the xJW community as well. An xJW with an axe to grind had actually "outed" a fellow discussion board member to their local congregation. It resulted in a broken marriage. Shame, shame.

• daystar
    daystar
    An xJW with an axe to grind had actually "outed" a fellow discussion board member to their local congregation. It resulted in a broken marriage. Shame, shame.

You are sh***ing me! That boils me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just flipping the other side of the coin!

Daystar, I get your meaning. Personal dignity is priceless, and the sneaking around has to end eventually. We just have to remember that everyone is at different degrees of separation here.

I am pretty convinced it is a cruelty to try and get the "older ones" to see the light. Such a revelation would be such a betrayal to all they've lived for. Isn't it a kindness to rather let them die in their delusion?

• rebel8
    rebel8

If you're clever enough to convince a grown woman that BC pills are vitamins, then you should be able to convince her the condoms are balloons with no problem.

Better lock down your computer for the visit. Put up a screen saver password or something so they don't sign in without your knowledge and happen upon JWD in your favorites list.

• daystar
    daystar

jgnat

I am pretty convinced it is a cruelty to try and get the "older ones" to see the light. Such a revelation would be such a betrayal to all they've lived for. Isn't it a kindness to rather let them die in their delusion?

I certainly agree with you there. It's the main reason I don't discuss things with my parents, and try to convince my sister of the same. It may be happening anyway though. But we will be there for them.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Rebel8: I laughed out loud at that one! And,sadly, you're absolutely right. That's my mom. (That or she just beleives what she wants to.)

Jgnat. Exactly. I like the thought of keeping the older ones in the dark. I can't imagine what my mom would do if she suddenly realized, oh, it's really not real??? All she gave up, all she put up with, all she sacrificed, and still does, it would be awful. Talk about a mid-llife crisis. But then again, I"m sure some on the board stopped when they were in their 50's and are healed up by now. But it would be hard.

ACtually, I just talked to mom on the phone and told her that I would drop her off at the KH since she insists, but that she is not to give out my address to the elders. Then I got scared, and added, "you know, Mr. Goodgirl doesn't like our address being given out." Like duh. I know she knows where I stand, but you sort of have to give her an out. Otherwise her conscience will get the best of her, and she'll cancel the whole vacation.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Remove any apostate "Favorites" from your favorites folder.

• evita
    evita

"When you have crazy parents you take what you can get...You hang out with them in their sane moments and avoid them in their crazy ones".

good girl, these words of yours are true for so many of us here. Now that my mom is gone, it breaks my heart to think of how long I lived like this. Even with all the "crazy moments" I really miss my mom. I'm sure you will work all this out at your own pace.
    Eva

Don't forget to hide the self-help books. You don't need these if you have Jehovah's guidance.

• vitty
    vitty

Tony, mentioned setting up a guest account on my computer, how do I do this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit