Have you ever got up in the middle of a meeting, bored, and just left?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I did it many times.

First of all, let me say that just about every meeting I attended was a sacrifice for me. I was a follower, not more. But sometimes, I really didn't feel like going, but I went anyways, just so that the elders would see my face. Usually after an hour, I was bored and fed up. Often I waited for specific time to leave, the timing had to be good...No eyes had to be on me, while I got up and left. I usually brought just a watchtower and a bible and song book, no book bag, making it easier to leave without being noticed....

Usually I waited for the brother reading the watchtower to start reading, then I knew everyone had their eyes on their watchtower magazine, so that's when I left, unnoticed.

A couple of times I acted as if I was just going to the toilet, and left my bible and watchtower on my chair, and just went home, unnoticed.

2 hour meetings are too long, and it's surprising that not many poeple leff half way through the meetings. I guess many would have liked to leave, but just didn't dare.....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes and especially in the last two years

• kat2u
    kat2u

I would look for excuses to leave .

or not to go in the first place.

• JH
    JH

Often, the brothers would say after the first meeting, we invite you to stay for the second meeting..bla bla bla....but what the heck does that mean??? does it mean that we have the choice to leave???

They make us believe that we have the choice to stay for the second meeting or leave....but try leaving and see the reaction you'll get.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

never cos i was bored...

but a number of times beacause i was angry

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yup.......we called it inspecting the parking lot...

u/d(of the protector of parking lots class)

• kls
    kls

Rat , this just goes to show you sucked as a jw

• JH
    JH
    Rat , this just goes to show you sucked as a jw

I just found the meetings too long.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I've done it. claim illness and say I'll meet ya at home.

Then I go get icce cream....

• trevor
    trevor

Yes! We had a Pub right next door to the kingdom hall I was attending before I surrendered to truth and left the borg. A few of the brothers would reassemble in the pub after the meeting. 'Thirst after righteousness.'

I was cautioned for setting bad example, when it became noticed that I had developed the habit of slipping away to the pub early, to get a head start. I thought it was a useful habit. But as they say ’bad association spoil useful habits.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit