Have you ever got up in the middle of a meeting, bored, and just left?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I'd leave between the public talk and the WT study quite often in the last year I attended. I'd purposely sit in the overflow room which conveniently had it's own exit door....there'd be a lot of us weak-ones who'd bug out during the song/potty break between meetings. Sometimes they'd station an elder by the entry to try to control the stampede by guilting people into staying, but I'd carefully avoid eye contact as I race-walked to my car. LOL

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, I did it, but only after I started having some serious doubts.

My favorite slip away was at a district convention a couple of years ago though. There was a bar right across the street from the coliseum. I slipped out during the first talk after lunch, walked across the street, drank a few Coronos, watched part of the NASCAR race and then slipped back in during the last talk of the day.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    My favorite slip away was at a district convention a couple of years ago though. There was a bar right across the street from the coliseum. I slipped out during the first talk after lunch, walked across the street, drank a few Coronos, watched part of the NASCAR race and then slipped back in during the last talk of the day.

Its a strip club ain't it?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

The last meeting I went to was on a Sunday. I Brought my bf with me, the first time he ever was at a KH. The kid giving the talk was not only borring, but so nervous, that he stuttered through the whole thing, and lost his place about 20 times. Sitting in silence, as the sweat dripped down his face, trying to find his place. My bf just kept looking at me with this stupid face. So when it was over, I stood up and said lets go so he didnt have to suffer the watchtower study. As soon as we got out the door, he was laughing and saying "that was the STUPIDEST thing I have ever gone to!

• undercover
    undercover
    Its a strip club ain't it?

LOL, I know that strip club, it wasn't a strip club then....that day I went to the bar about three doors up from there.

• Mary
    Mary

Yepper........one hour I could handle.......two hours was just torture........I found the meetings simply too long and too boring. If they want to keep people's interest, they should cut out half the meetings.........we all know of cases on Sunday where the speaker didn't show up and there was only the Botchtower study. Everyone is secretly thrilled when that happens, because that means you get out an hour early.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

There were plenty of times when I left after the talk since I could barely stay awake to hear the rest of it. I just knew I would pass out and sleep through the wt.!

I forgot to add--I've walked out in the middle of the wt a few times as well. Usually by paragraph 3, when I would think to myself: "Well, I thought I could make it, but this guy is boring the hell outta me!" Or could barely read, and I could forsee it taking even longer than normal. I felt bad for them, too.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well, if you weren't watching strippers, then who won the race? lol....

I don't remember...Jeff Gordon probably...that would drive me back to sitting with JWs...

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Used to do it a lot as i came to the end of my association with the Religion.

Last Meeting,over 2 years ago now,i got up just before the Wt and this Elder..a pompous and self righteous man ...came after me asked if i was ok,interrupted my answer and started droning on about how wonderful his Family was!I couldnt believe it!

Now this man could talk for England and the look on his face as i left him mid sentance will make me chucle for the rest of my life.

Jerk.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The wife of the presiding overseer would sit in the back of our hall near the door and when someone would leave (single mom with kid) go "tsk tsk tsk"

Well one night she did this, again, to the wrong sister. The sister leaned down in her face "TSK TSK TSK YOURSELF - DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME?"

She didn't and the sister went home and put her son in bed as she did every Thursday night a 8:40.

I loved it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit