Called the information desk again about the UN

by skyman 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I'm surprised you even got through..last I heard they weren't taking any more calls or E Mail inquiries about the UN-NGO affair...

Snoozy...

• zagor
    zagor

Geez, Imagine that, they got tricked into applying every year since 1992! Reminds me of a joke I heard a while ago.

Judge: Why did you stab that man?

Defendant: Well judge I slipped on bannana and fell on him

Judge: But he had 45 stab wounds.

Defendant: I tried to pick myself up and fell on him again 45 times, damn bannana!

• zagor
    zagor

They just don't know when to stop lying, do they?
    On the other hand that just shows their view on avarage level of intelligence among JWs. What a joke.

Here is a new site http://www.unwatchtower.com/ was that put there by one of you?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The brother from the information desk said they did join but realy they were tricked. The Society asked the UN for some information and the UN asked them to sign some paper before the Society could get the answer and years later they found out they had joined the NGO';s of the UN so when the Society found out they got out.

I knew there was some reasonable explanation. Apostates always seem to get the wrong end of the stick.

Apostates treat the truth like a shouting match: just because they can shout their accusations louder than the Witnesses can defend themselves they think they have the better of them. I won't be so easily duped.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I had to smile when i read this. They harp on about how they have such good lawers when it comes to 'defending God's name' in legal matters around the world, yet they were 'tricked' into signing a document from the United Nations???

What did they say? Sign this peice of paper and we will fill the rest in?? Especially if they are so anti-UN!!!

They are just trying to cover up their most embarrassing secret.

• luna2
    luna2
    ...Sign this peice of paper and we will fill the rest in??

That must be it! Poor, poor WTS! That crafty, wild beast of a UN! The brothers trusted them so much that they blindly agreed to sign the paper and save precious time, which could better be spent in the preaching work, by allowing the UN to complete the form for them. Or...maybe they used language on the documents that had different meanings depending on how you read it. Or...maybe the evil UN minions arranged the papers on the clipboard so that the form the WTS representative was signing, the one that spelled out what was required and what it meant to become a NGO and be associated with the Department of Public Information, was covered by a more innocent document. Yeah, it all makes sense now!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'Tricked'??? Part of being an NGO is to "keep [the UN] informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending [the UN] issues of your relevant publications." One would think they knowingly did that or they wouldn't have remained NGOs for ten years.
    I find it difficult to believe that an organisation that has teams of lawyers to make all those groundbreaking freedoms for religion in the courts, fight medical and child-abuse cases, and chase after webmasters who quote their publications would be 'tricked' into signing a document from the UN (who they claim are an integral part of Satan's system) without knowing that "By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities."
    (Quotations taken from a letter from the UN Department of Public Information regarding the issue of the Watchtower obtaining NGO status.)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    And under this "trick" they somehow submitted material to the UN proving they were supporting them?

Exactly. They were tricked when they submitted material in evidence of their support of the NGO mission statement, they were tricked when they kept re-applying and signing affirmations that they supported the UN, and they were tricked when they manned a booth at the NGO fair. It is because of this excuse that I put up all the supporting evidence on my site.

Their own literature advises caution when entering contracts, doesn't it? The only way the WTS did something they were unaware is if they didn't read what they were signing. Especially since the UN is their arch enemy, no reason to exercise special caution. More like their own stupidity than a trick.

Here's another one:

Judge: Why haven't you paid your mortgage payments?

Defendant: I didn't know I was supposed to. I was tricked. I didn't know what I was signing.

Judge: So all these years you've lived in your house, you didn't know you were supposed to pay for it, simply because you signed your mortgage application without reading it?

Defendant: Yes. Those banks are run by Satan and he's a trickster.

Judge: (noise of gavel pounding) Judgement for the plaintiff in the amount of $200,000. I also order the defendant to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

SBF : I knew there was some reasonable explanation. Apostates always seem to get the wrong end of the stick.

You crack me up, everytime.

SBF, I can't remember, perhaps you might know. Did they sign is only once, you did they have to sign it every year to continue there association?

steve

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I knew there was some reasonable explanation. Apostates always seem to get the wrong end of the stick.

Slim - you are not serious are u? How could you call this a 'reasonable' explanation? If YOU joined the YMCA for ten years straight, and renewed your membership annually for those ten years, could you mount a lame excuse like that and expect it to fly with the JC? Of course not. It would be clearly a lie to 'reasonable' people! And they would disfellowship you with a smile on their faces, not so much for the 'sin' of joining, but due to the clear and obvious misrepresentation of facts. The WTBTS is not repentant of this sin, or of the others it has committed.

Yet you wish to give them a pass on this, in spite of the hoops we know, and can prove they had to jump thru, to get approved?

Give me a freaking break! DECISION: DISFELLOWSHIP THE WTBTS !

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit