Do You EVER---Even A Little Bit----Miss Being A Witness???

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

Nope. I don't miss the panic attacks and feeling like I was going to throw up when I had to give talks or go out in field service. I used to miss a few friends I had grown up with, but I have since realized that they were never really friends as they won't talk to me when they see me.They were conditional friends based on me following the brain-numbing dogma of the GB.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

If I did I would still be active and Im not, so..........

• minimus
    minimus

People ARE feeling better and healthier, aren't they?

• JH
    JH

I did miss it abit last March, and I went to a few meetings, and then I didn't miss it much anymore because all those meetings was too much.

Jesus didn't ask that...

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Being a people person, there are several who I really loved that I miss. The religion, the narrow mindset, and the ratrace, I do not miss one bit.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I don't believe there are many things in life one can be absolutely certain about, but on this particular topic, I can say totally emphatically, it is a completely valueless religion. Waking up from a bad dream is a good analogy. What a relief to be out!

I have fond memories of some of my friends, though, and I look forward to seeing them again when they eventually get out too.

SNG

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

NO, I don't miss it.

If I were to miss anything, it would only be the illusion of what was there, what was longed for, what was promised, what it should have been and never was.

And once my illusions are dispelled, however painful that may be, I do not miss them enough to want them back.

~Merry

• delilah
    delilah

NOPE.

• minimus
    minimus

Being a JW is fun if you like_____________ (??)

• Soledad
    Soledad

As a JW I felt like I had dropped out of society. I had no real reason to use my brain and be challenged by life. Do I miss that? I'll admit there are days when I feel overwhelmed, overstressed, about to give up and throw in the towel, and just when I think things couldn't any get worse, a teeny tiny little voice inside of me says:

CHEER UP!! AT LEAST YOU ARE NOT A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS ANYMORE!!!

that instantly brightens up the day!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit