Do You EVER---Even A Little Bit----Miss Being A Witness???

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I can't understand why some here even express the idea that they do miss the organization. Don't get it at all.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I should repost here, I dont miss having to go in service, or go the the kh 3 times a week, or having to sit at the assembly's! I guess it was the association I use to have with friends and family. Thats ALL I miss.

• undercover
    undercover

I miss some of the social things...and a few friends that I haven't seen in a while.

I miss absolutely nothing about the religion, the Kingdom Hall, the meetings, service...it's all like a bad dream...glad it's over.

• minimus
    minimus

Most of the JWs are so unreal. Never really friends imho.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

never...

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I just read Estee's post in the Humor section titled..."I Found it!".. That will remind you of how it was...make you realize how wonderful it is to NOT be a JW. It is a letter she received from the "Brothers"when her Mother was disfellowshipped. Snoozy..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/25/96205/1.ashx

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I guess that all depends on the people in your congregation! I also have a very large family, and only one of them talk to me! I miss that.

• undercover
    undercover

That can be said of a lot of them, but there are some good hearted ones. Some that are torn between doing as the org dictates and what their heart tells them.

I still have some friends that I see occasionally. Not like I used to, I mean, when you see someone with similar backgrounds and interests as yourself 3-4 times a week, you're going to end up in social situaions together and become friends. Sometimes those friendships transcend the religious connections. Now, some of them who I thought were true friends have cast me aside since I have become inactive, they showed their true colors, but some others have remained in contact and we keep our friendship going. They are willing to base their opinion of me based on what they know of me personally and not on what the WTS tells them to do and I try to return the favor by not judging them harshly because they remained fooled by the religion.

To lump all JWs together in any kind of class is the same as JWs lumping all faded, inactive, DAd,DFd, etc into one apostate lump and treating them as having leprosy. I hope to have learned from them to not be like them anymore.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

In a way I'm nostalgic about my upbringing and heritage as a JW. I often dream at night about the Kingdom Hall, conventions, my father conducting a WT study or the sort. But as there is nothing about JWism that I agree with, I could never (want to) go back.

No.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit