Your job, what is it, what do people think you do?

by wanderlustguy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I'm a partner in a national communcations company, we install services for Time Warner and Dish Network as well as other clients. My responsibilities include client acquisition and maintinence, as well as developing the strategy we are using to grow our business by taking over markets from our competitiors. Currently we have 3 offices and about 40 employees in LA, NY, and NC, with corporate offices in FL.

My family and friends think I work on computers making minimum wage. But most of my family last knew me as a concrete truck driver.

How about you?

WLG

• JH
    JH

Well, I used to have a great job working as electrican in a paper mill, until it closed. I have a college degree in electronics, but I'm colorblind and didn't keep on working in that field. I also worked as a laborer in a paper mill. Good salary. Then the mill closed, and I worked as mail man (post man) and did that for a while, and was fed up of the cold up here. Now I have a seasonal job at Revenue Canada. (average salary) I also do maintenance in apartment buldings....(low salary) lol

Taking it one day at a time....

• rebel8
    rebel8

I used to be a social worker and a lot of people forget I'm not any more. Now I'm a grad level administrative analyst, but my boss thinks I'm a secretary and (figurative) punching bag.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

right now i'm a student majoring in Computational Biology.

i work part time as a Linux Sys Admin (servers, databases, clusters), and do quite a bit of PHP web dev as well.

people who are not computer savvy say to others that i am taking "computers" in school, and that in my job i work with "computers". LOL

TS

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Like tetra, I'm a student. But I'm too dumb for science, so I'm working on the Arts.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    But I'm too dumb for science

i highly doubt that. you're 10 years younger than me and you're always giving me a run for my money.

TS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm a C# .Net web developer.

People think I'm a Professional International Hit Man.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    i highly doubt that. you're 10 years younger than me and you're always giving me a run for my money.

How 'bout this: I a'int too interested in science. It was those science courses I took last semester that really brought down my average (sure, I could have paid more attention...).

Actually, I was quite interested in physics. In grade 10, I was in a "special" class where we started to do quantum and nuclear physics. It was pretty interesting, but I couldn't continue in physics b/c I didn't have the space in my timetable (band was worth it though; it was like the class equivalent of Animal House).

• JH
    JH

Aren't there any more lumberjacks around?

• undercover
    undercover

I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, but I have weekends off, and I am my own boss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit