Your job, what is it, what do people think you do?

by wanderlustguy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I work in the IT department in education. I'm responsible for the configuration, function, maintenance, and growth of the entire network and telephone infrastructure of an institution with over 3000 computers and 500 phones. I also do a little adjunct instructing on network and computer related topics on the side. A dream job I couldn't have gotten if I'd taken the advice of the WT elder booksalemen and forsaken school for the ministry.

People think I just sit around, surfing the internet and sending e-mails all day.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm an assistant manager at an up and coming chicken franchise.

I also do Graphics work and photography to pull in some more money.

People at the hall think I'm a pee on at a fast food chain dropping fries for minimum wage.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    no boobage

LMAO

up and coming chicken franchise

Sorry Ritchie I cant tell if thats true or your warped humour. So im laughing my head off anyway!

(katie clutches sides and gasps for air)

• urbanized
    urbanized

I work for the graphic design department here at VCU, my alma mater. I'm the main representative of the department and the main office assistant. People either think that I wade through a beauropathic nightmare of educational administration from morning to night, or else they think I sit around and surf the web all day. Really, I spend about 2 hours per day swampped with paperwork and the rest of the time I surf the web.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I pay myself to crack a whip over 50 employees.

I volunteer for an architectural conservation society.

And I'm studying for an MSc in Urban & Regional Planning.

Lots of people think I drink coffee and read the paper all day when it's only 80% of the day. The other 20% is spent on the web.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I work for a Government Agency as Area Manager for Northern England. We have 90 offices widely dispersed so I have to travel a lot by car, out of reach of JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit