Your job, what is it, what do people think you do?

by wanderlustguy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

I am an R.C.W, but right now I am a fresh air inspector for the government.

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Here's one for you:

A few years ago the title my boss gave me was : Graphical Interface Manager

*I* didn't even know what it meant, but there it went onto my business cards. The looks on peoples faces as they would be looking at my business card were priceless.

Now I'm just an out of work Construction Manager, but family and friends still think I "work with computers".

Brandon

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Ok Legolas,

what's an RCW?

Brandon

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok Legolas,

what's an RCW?

Brandon

It means "Really Cute Worker"..... Just kidding

It stands for 'Resident Care Worker'.

• damselfly
    damselfly

ooooooo!!! I was going to ask what everyone did for living 'cause I'm nosey like that. I'm glad that someone else had the same idea. I'm a RMT, which is a registered massage therapist. What do people think I do? Rub 'n Tug

For the record, NO I do not do that!

Damselfly

• Terry
    Terry

I'm a Bookseller.

People think I'm a James Bond villain.

T.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm a retired machinist/expeditor/job planner/compressor repairman. And the only reason I am retired is because for decades, I did not listen to any JW high-ups and kept working my rotating shift job. I put the "providing for my family" before any JW activities and got away with it. Hell.....they made me an elder!

Am now the vice president of an interstate transportation company. (on paper that is.....the only reason for the vice presidency is legal corporation interests) My VERY GOOD credit rating gave my son-in-law's business a boost and the only financial gain I get is expense paid trips to Florida to visit them several times a year.

But I love it..........and them!

HappyDad

• hubert
    hubert

I'm a machinist, and work part time for a small gage company, doing mostly grinding.

And, I still love it.

Hubert

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm a part time Dental Hygienist. People ask me how I can look at people's dirty mouths all day. I tell them I would rather look at that end, than the other end. HL

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Im a maths teacher but everyone thinks im an art teacher or maybe a certified weirdo, because I dont dress like a 'regular' maths teacher. I must have forgot to attend the 'how to dress as a maths teacher' seminar.

DOH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit