CAR INSURANCE IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF IN THE WORLD!!!

by Mary 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I just really need to vent here.........I'm just so f**king tired of never having any extra money!! All's I do is work to pay god damn bills......I just checked the balance on my chequing acct. and I've got just under $900.00 to last me three weeks. While I should be okay, I'm just pissed off that it's virtually impossible for me to ever get ahead. My car payment is $328.00 a month, my insurance is $175.00 a month----which infuriates me to no end. I've been driving since I was 17 years old, have had no major accidents yet I'm paying a fortune in insurance thanks to the car insurance in Ontario which is the biggest rip off in the country according to the Toronto Star the other day. I had a minor accident 5 years ago (which wasn't my fault, but that makes absolutely no difference here in Ontario) and my insurance went from $60.00 a month to $120.00 a month.!

You can forget trying to switch to another insurance company because they're all in cahoots with each other to see who can rip you off the most. Then after 9-11, my insurance went up AGAIN to $140.00 a month. Apparently, it was two cars that hit the World Trade Center, not two planes, so the insurance scammers could justify the increase.

Between my car payment, the insurance and the cost of gasoline, I'm shelling out over $600.00 a month just for transportation. I'm single so there's no second income coming in----whatever I buy, I have to pay for myself. I'm not extravagent by any means---I don't smoke, do drugs and I'm not an alcoholic, although I can certainly understand why some people are.......I buy ALL my clothes at second hand stores and I make my own lunches and coffee to take to work. I only owe about $80.00 on my Visa thank god and I've got some $$ in RRSPs, but I'm just sick to death of paying, paying, paying so that rich people can get frigging richer. Bastards!

Anyway, if you really want to make me feel better, please post your story of woe on here, so that I can see I don't have it so bad after all. I considered giving prostitution a whirl-------but I figure there's gotta be an easier way for me to get my hands on ten bucks.......ya I'm tryin to keep my sense of humour here, but it gets hard sometimes.........

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

There......now I feel better!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The bad thing is, as it has appeared to me over the course of several pay increases over my career, is that no matter how much you make, it is never enough....

• JH
    JH

Car insurance is very expensive, expecially for youngsters with models like Honda Civics, and living in big cities where they can get stolen more easily. A youngster could pay 2000$ a year just to insure such a car.

I pay only 300$ a year to insure my 2005 Corolla, full covered. If I scrap it, they buy a brand new one.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I'd also posit that all the frivolous injury lawsuits don't help. I don't know how many people I know but when they get into a fender bender they demand $6,000 or $ 8,000 or $ 10,000. I'd ask if they were really hurt they'd say "Nah, but I went to the chiro a few times to make it look good." So a car wreck with total damages of $ 3,000 or $ 4,000 suddenley is 3'xs that.

People seem to regard this as ok behavior likened to cheating the IRS out of a few bucks with the reasoning "Hey the insurance company rips me off every month, it's only fair".

• Mary
    Mary

JH said: A youngster could pay 2000$ a year just to insure such a car.

Ya, but I'm not a youngster and I certainly don't have a sports car, yet I'm paying $2,000.00 for insurance!

I pay only 300$ a year to insure my 2005 Corolla, full covered. If I scrap it, they buy a brand new one.

OK, I wanna know how you're paying only $300.00 a year for a 2005, when I'm paying $2,000 for a 2002!! What am I doing wrong??

• JH
    JH

What am I doing wrong??

1. Shop around

2. If your spouse has a car, you can put both cars at the woman's name, so you get a rebate because there is 2 cars under one name, and being a female owning both cars, it's still cheaper.

3. A youngster can also save by having his own car, but put at his parents name, and save lots of money.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Legalized thievery is another name for the business of selling car insurance. The good drivers must pay for the mistakes of the bad drivers; and if you are a good driver that happens to be involved in an accident, your insurance will be cancelled, even though it was not your fault.

In that same vein, here in Florida, the State's Insurance Commission voted last week to allow certain insurance companies to increase their premiums by 25 % in order to pay for the damage done by hurricane's Ivan and Dennis. Just like car insurance, people uninvolved in the scenario will pay for those who are . . .the insurance companies will never lose money.

• JH
    JH

Here, the plates cost 255$ a year

and drivers licence costs about 90$ for two years.

and my car insurance like I said is 300$ a year.

Full cover insurance ( as we say here in Quebec)...for a 2005 Toyota Corolla

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Anyway, if you really want to make me feel better, please post your story of woe on here, so that I can see I don't have it so bad after all.

ok, you said: and I've got just under $900.00 to last me three weeks

Normally after my salary comes in - I am just debth free..... and that as a result of our governments decisions. After the Euro, the amount of my salary was halved ( Euro 1,-- = Hfl. 2,20)but the prices in the shops did'nt change: the Hfl. sign was just displaced by the Euro sign.

the only thing I am not complaining about is my insurance -my all risks insurance cost me Euro 500,-- a year. (my daughter was in a car accident this year - with my car - but due to my accident-free years - I still kept my 75% NoClaim)

• Mary
    Mary
    my all risks insurance cost me Euro 500,-- a year. (my daughter was in a car accident this year - with my car - but due to my accident-free years - I still kept my 75% NoClaim)

That's a lot better arrangement than what we have here in Ontario.....several years ago, the Ontario Government came up with something called "no fault insurance". This means that if I'm driving along, and someone hits me, it's really not his fault and guess who gets to pay the deductable?? That's right, I do. Here's an example: a co-worker was driving his truck a couple of weeks ago, when something flew off the tractor trailor in front of him and damaged his truck. He had to pay the $300.00 deductable. His insurance paid for a rental car while his truck was being painted, but some hoodlum broke into it and broke the steering column, so guess who had to pay another $300.00 deductable? That's right, my co-worker. So he ended up shelling out $600.00 for two incidents that wasn't even remotely his fault!!

After the Euro, the amount of my salary was halved ( Euro 1,-- = Hfl. 2,20)but the prices in the shops did'nt change.

Oh my god, how the hell did they get away with pulling a stunt like that??!! Then again, the goverment can do whatever the hell they like to us and they don't give a crap if we can't survive on it or not........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit