"If I had all the money in the world I would.........."

by anewme 61 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I thought this would be a fun and mentally healthy question to ponder! I feel better already just to think of this possibility!

For me, before giving away alot of it to charities I would first buy a couple of gorgeous houses strategically set in beautiful surroundings where I could travel throughout the year and avoid harsh winter temperatures. Eternal Spring would be mine!

That attained I would attend lovely symphonies all over the world and wear wonderful tailor made clothes and eat at the finest restaurants in every continent.

Ok now for the big give away!!!!

What would you do?????

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would keep it all for myself and have a large masion with a Rolls-Royce. Then I would live off the interest.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

House in London, Condo in NYC, Beach front house in Florida and a log cabin in Alaska

Then I would travel the world (1st class)

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'd start by making sure my crew was all taken care of. That includes all of you. Then, off to save the world from hunger and poverty.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd hire a lawyer..get my kids

go to a dentist!

get a damn car finally

and hire a freakin MAID!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'd probably blow it all helping the down and out, or just doing something nice for people I can plainly see deserve something nice done for them. Am I blowing my own horn? Not really. It's surely a path of self-destruction.

Noel

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i would donate huge amounts of money to SENS and the methuselah foundation. i would use my leverage to ensure that the technology developed remained opensource, public and accesible to rich and poor.

http://www.methuselahmouse.org/

http://admin-sun1.gen.cam.ac.uk/sens/index.html

i would also support UN and other educational initiatives for africa. i would leverage my power to ensure the job gets done.

i would buy my own piece of land, close to the top of a watershed. i would build my own cob house, generate my own power, treat my own water and waste, grow my own food.

i would use my money and leverage to rebuild communities that are interested in localizing their economies and food and energy and waste. i would put a lot of money into ecology and conservation, even if that meant putting certain corporations out of business, and putting their employees out of work.

i would use my money to oppose magical thinking via education and policy making.

and like you, i would enjoy modern culture to the best of my ability. i would consider flying to all of yo yo ma's concerts. :)

TS

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Move all the JW's to Siberia

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Move all the JW's to Siberia

Now that's Cold

• Terry
    Terry

If I had all the money in the world then money would cease to have value.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit