Elders Will Be Notified & WILL FIND YOU in the Hospital

by Aude_Sapere 63 Replies latest watchtower medical

• JRK
    JRK

Aude,

How did everything shake out? Did you find out where the information leak was?

JK

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Interesting bump. AS... Since you originally posted this, I left the JWs. Ironically, I was a member of a Patient Visitation Group (a sub group of the HLC) -- elders whose sole purpose was to visit JWs in assigned hospital(s). (Likely it was PVG NOT HLC that visited you back then). HLC for the region was only brought in for emergencies and preliminary issues to avoid problems) for 2 hospitals in my town. I never got a call from the hospital and I believe the other members of our group rarely did either. We usually found out from JW relatives. HIPAA is taken seriously around these parts. Unless a patient specifically requests a JW elder, the hospital pastor is the only one coming around for a spiritual visit.

I no longer carry that ridiculous piece of JW paper (No Blood Card) in my wallet but have not replaced it. I will need to do that pronto. I know my non-JW fiancee will respect my change in thought, but she has no standing ahead of my JW mom if decisions are to be made until we get married. ... unless I get this in writing.

Since my fiancee is a paralegal student, maybe I can have her draw up the paperwork or go online and download a new form.

Thanks for the bump on this topic. Hope you are doing well now. Still have the cycle?

Snakes (Rich )

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Aude -- (I realize this is an old post that was bumped recently) I'm wondering what was the end result? Did this open a huge can of worms for you?

• laverite
    laverite

What a hair raising experience and one that many can learn something important from. Thank you so much for sharing this! It's good to see that this information lives on long after it was originally posted and continues to provide important warnings to many others.

(((Aude))) How did your recovery finally go? Do you still ride? Anything ever come from any of this of interest? Wow. Just...wow. What an experience you had.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow. This feels like a lifetime ago that I submitted my hospital experience. It was also under my previous JWN 'alias'/nickname.

I was reminded of this experience while reading other posters' experience of being asked "those" questions by visiting elders...

To those who asked in this thread, I healed well; Continued to ride my motorcycle (although have not ridden for about a year now); No elders ever visited me (although I moved out of territory 5months after this experience); I did not file any complaints with the hospital (busy with new job and new home and just didn't want to be bothered). I have been admitted to the same hospital for other emergencies and treatment since this time and the JW designation does not come up anymore.

The whole situation eventually died down so that I rarely think about it anymore.

But BIG lessons learned. Change your religious status and Advance Medical Directive *NOW* if you want to make sure that your fade stays on track.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Thanks for the update aude, what ya ridin ' there?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hello AudeSapere,

Great to know you are doing ok.

I had a similiar incident recently. I had to go to hospital for 2 weeks and while I was there the nurse came in to tell me that I had a visitor. Since nobody knew I was there and I was in a different state I was perplexed. The nurse said it was two jws. I was feeling very unwell that morning and could not cope with meeting two strangers let alone a couple of bro's. I told her to send them away, but I had no idea how they knew I was there. It was a large teaching hospital in a capital city so they may have just been doing the rounds but it was very unnerving to say the least. It felt like an invasion of privacy. The only thing I can think of is that it was a momentary lapse of reason that caused me to sign in as jw. When you are ill you are not thinking straight. Any way lesson learned do not sign in as jw.

Thanks for your experience.

Cheers

sparrowdown

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was in Hospital a few years ago, nothing serious as it turned out. It felt really good to say "No religion" when asked the question. I have since checked with my family doctor, and there is no reference in my notes to my ever being a JW !

I explained to him that as I now was no longer a JW, if I ever needed a blood transfusion I would accept with no problem. He smiled and said:

"I bet you would !"

It is best to get all traces of former lunacy removed from your records, and make sure "next of kin" type status is only given to someone who will act as you wish.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news Aude Sapere

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Other religions send pastors to hospitals to comfort the sick and bereaved, only Jehovah's Witnesses send people to make you that you don't value your life over the opinions of a few old farts in Brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit