What musical instrument do you play?

by anewme 52 Replies latest jw friends

• not the administrator
  • jaffacake
    jaffacake
    the radio

Guitar for me & my teenage son. Daughter plays clarinet & wife just took up saxophone. None of us very well, cover your ears!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Took piano 5 years in school and 1 year in college.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

not to brag but im also quite good with the cd player and sometimes the television

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i didnt pursue music when i had the chance when i was leaving school...didnt pursue anything actually..well not academically...

taught myself acoustic guitar...been playing for 25 years now

just gone back to school to take......music

learning electric guitar now and recording techniques etc aswell as music theory

and done some home recordings which i am quite pleased with...

can also play a lilbit bass and keyboard..(but not really piano)

oh and the descant recorder

but not drums

• kazar
    kazar

I play acoustic guitar. Haven't played much lately because I have been working in art. Still love the guitar and all music. It moves people....especially musicians.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I play guitar and was forming a Western Swing band in the 70's. The Elders met with me and told me to stop. Being a professional musician would lead me straight to Satan and eternal death. Since I was a good little Witness I broke up my band. One of the biggest regrets I have from my years as a Watchtower slave. Did you hear about the confused orchestra conducter who coudn't tell his brass form his oboe?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Piano, saxophone, and trumpet! At present mostly classical piano. I sure wish you were here in Hawaii, because I'm trying to find someone that plays the cello to accompany me on piano for Rachmaninoff’s Sonata in G minor, Op. 19. I’m sure you’re aware of this wonderful piece of music.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I think clarinets should all be burned. Who plays a clarinet after band and how many young people were turned off from music after being handed a clarinet?

Kids should be handed instruments that they will want to play. Guitars, sax, keyboards etc

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Cyberguy - I love Rachmaninoff!! Listening to his music is what got me hooked on classical music. Love Vivaldi, too.

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit