What musical instrument do you play?

by anewme 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Wow, good to see a few cellists on here. Female cellists are so damn sexy. I defintely want to give the cello a go one day. I just love it's sounds and is one of my fave instruments. As for me, i've been playing keys and guitar for a quite a while now. Mainly into RnB and Jazz. Never got into the classical side of things (except for the odd Mozart and Chopin.) Give me Gershwin and Jobim over classical any day. DK

• codeblue
    codeblue

At the age of 8, I taught myself to play the piano. We were too poor for lessons.

In Jr. HIgh, I played flute and was in the band..uh hah...that's right. I got to be in Band. I quickly became 1st chair in the High School Band by 9th grade. I also got to play the piccolo...Between 7 and 11th grade I won many awards for solos and duets at local and state competitions.

and hold on to your seats: I received a scholarship for Band Camp after 9th grade!!! Yes, I went to Band Camp!!! lol for real!

During 9th grade I wanted to learn to play guitar, so I borrowed my brother in laws classical and taught myself enough easy chords to manuever and write about 50 songs from then till I was 24...I also love to sing.

But in 11th grade quit band, out of a bad conscience......for baptism. I had just received another music scholarship I couldn't use. That made me so sad.

My first husband traded in my classical guitar for an acoustical.....and I play that from time to time. Wishing I had someone local with to sing in a band and play a little guitar or flute!

Codeblue

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My (non-JW) parents owned a music store which sold mostly guitars and banjos and catered to the folk/rock crowd. So what instrument did I teach myself at the tender age of 13?

The recorder! I started with the soprano, like people do, and eventually bought an alto and a tenor and even a bass recorder. Mollenhauer was my favorite brand - sweet, but not too sweet. Warm and woody.

I got pretty good, too - good enough that my mother actually allowed me to buy a sopranino recorder; I was advanced enough that I could be trusted with something that shrill.

When I was a young mother, I saved my pennies and bought a second-hand accordion from the pawnshop. I was teaching myself to play it too, and trying to learn a little about chord theory, when life ran off with me and ... well, suffice to say the accordion was abandoned long enough to develop mildew, so we had to throw it out.

I lost all the recorders when we were homeless. We had them and some other stuff stored in a friend's basement and they never reappeared after that.

gently feral

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Here's one:

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Here's the other:

although mine is red.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I play Harmonica and I sing

• littlerockguy
  • coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i just creamed myself darth yhwh

yes. i play bass

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Yeah? You outta see my amp! I searched for some photos on line but they're all newer models. I have a Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ with a road ready Powerhouse 1000 cabinet.

It's been years since I've actually used it though. The head needs serviced. I haven't played a show in forever.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

oh SH!T That is my freaking dream amp. that is my 1st christmas present to myself this year. I'm gonna buy a mesa boogie head and 4x10, a ricky 4003, an ernie ball music man stingray and a giz rag because im gonna need it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit