What musical instrument do you play?

by anewme 52 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I spent many many years peforming on the cello before becoming a witness at 18 and being encouraged to quit all my symphony associations etc which I obediently did.

I was a soloist once with a community symphony and it was a wonderful experience! I have a recording of the concerto I performed.

I still have my little cello and got it out the other day. Ahh sweet music.

How many others had budding musical careers that got waylaid by the society?
    Who is still playing?

What instrument would you like to learn to play?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i played the flute in high school. i got offered a music scholarship...but...u know...

i played the guitar for 4 years till my mom threw it away, b/c it was taking away from ''spiritual things''. matt just got me a new one.

i'm hoping to get a flute next year.

luv, jojo

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

In the past I've played the clarinet, the tenor saxophone, the trombone, and the piano (the piano is the instrument I spent the least amount of time on due to parents not having money for lessons).

I would like to play the organ.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi A New Me. I wasn't one who had their dreams squashed from not playing an instrument, so much as I was thwarting any music that was not being pushed by the society, period. I've thrown away thousands of dollars in music, tapes, albums, and always had guilty feeling for listening to what truly gave me pleasure, R&B music with a flair for love, lust and well.....you know

I do play a guitar, rhythm as well as electric bass and keyboards. I will always love music. It's a huge part of what I am.

Get the resin on that bow of yours and get back in the groove.

Art

• Mulan
    Mulan

I played violin for several years. I doubt I could play much now...............maybe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Haven't touched one in 40 years or more.

• anewme
    anewme

Jojo, wonderful about the flute! The flute is such a lovely instrument. Please get another and play again.
    My husband bought me a fiddle to cheer me up last year saying "Here learn to play this and you will cheer up not only yourself but everybody else"

So, I am attempting to place fiddle under chin and eek out the first attempts on the violin.

(But when no one is around I can put that violin between my knees and make it sound voooondaba!!!)
    Cause Im a cellist, get it?

Music is something we should all rejoice having whether it is us playing or the radio.

My husband never learned an intstrument, but he is a rock and roller at heart. I wish he learned the guitar or drums. Some people just exude rock stardom, he does and makes nothing of it.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

anewme!

hey! another cellist! there's three of us here on this board now. awesome! glad to hear you are still playing. are you working on anything?

i am just working on an arangement of Jesu - Joy of Man's Desiring by J.S. Bach for cello and piano. i love it! beautiful. and it's my dream to someday play Bach's suites for solo cello, all six.

cheers,

TS

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Flute and bass drum. I always wanted to learn how to play the soprano sax.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I played the flute and the oboe. I loved it, but had to stop when my high school required the band to play at football games on Saturday mornings.... that was service day, you know, and bad association to boot. I taught myself piano, but never had lessons so I didn't learn too much. About 10 years ago, I bought a flute and have been playing sporadically. I could have easily gone into music full - time. I love it.

GGG

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

one time, at band camp.....

(I've got some stories-not of the solo kind. But it was the place to be)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit