Dansk is going to the hospital...

by under74 73 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

Next week Dansk (Ian) is going into the hospital to start chemotherapy. Although I wish I would have thought of this before--Ian mentioned on this week's vigil thread it would lift his spirits to receive cards from us on the forum. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/95617/1.ashx

Anyway, I pm'd Ian and told him I would start a separate thread with his permission...so here I am. Anyone wishing to send a card or letter or flowers or whatever you think would lift his spirits over the next couple weeks pm me and I'll pm you his address. Chemo is a hard thing to go through...not that I know from personal experience but I've watched a couple people in my family go through it.

It would be good if we showed some support by way of a card or letter (even though Ian knows it might be hard for some). I say this because although the internet is a great thing and this forum is a great thing...isn't it great when you get a letter, card or just something tangible in the mail? It takes a little more time than clicking "enter" on the keyboard but that's why it means a little more...someone actually took out a bit more time and energy to say they care, right?

So, again, just send me a pm and I'll send you the address. And keep an eye out for next weeks vigil!!

• badboy
    badboy

I HOPE HE PULLS THROUGH

SAY BADBOY IS HOPING HE GETS WELL SOON!

• under74
    under74

ok badboy. I'll include that in my card to him. He's fighter, I'm sure he'll pull through.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thank you Under 74 & BadBoy.

Yes, I'd appreciate letters and cards and I thank Under74 for organising this. Ideally, I should like to cover my walls in cards

Whatever you send (if it's only your prayers) please accept that I value it all!

Love,

Ian

• under74
    under74

Hey everybody,

I've already got a few PMs and responded. I'll have to log off soon do if you PM me know I'll respond tonight or in the least within the next 24 hours

Also, to my fellow non-European/British mailers-- It may take more time for Ian to get your mail but he will get it.

• under74
    under74

Ok, I'm going to log off now and leave for the day but I'll be back to respond to pm's tonight. I can't believe I got so many pm's in such a short time span! You guys are great.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi ALL,

I go into hospital next Monday and shan't come out until at least the following Wednesday. I am to have chemotherapy on the Tuesday. Glad I already have short hair

I have been feeling awful of late and so could not avoid treatment any longer. Thank you for all your heartfelt vigils over many months.

Love,

Ian

• upside/down
    upside/down

Good luck...bro!

u/d

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

((( dansk )))

bttt

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sending my love and warm hugs to Ian, and a PM going out to under74. Lets GET those cards enough t cover ALL the walls of that hospital!!!!

Love always,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit