Defd, why are you being so mean?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Franz' books are at Amazon.com or at your local library.
    There are many religions that preach similar things to what you are asking....for one check out Seventh Day Adventists.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

thank you. i remember telling a guy i worked for i couldnt work sat because i was a 7 day adventist and that was my sabbath but thats as far i can remember about their beliefs.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    and as far as being spoon fed and doing research what the hell do you think people come here for? this is research as far as I'm concerned. what other religions dont believe in hell and think that god hasn't changed his mind about the earth? thats a simple question and telling me isn't spoon feeding me it called being courteous i think.

I'm not trying to be discourteous by any means. But perhaps you could start at the library by getting a book on world religions? There are lots of religions out there that believe different things, but the JW beliefs are not new and original. The preach that they're the only ones that believe in an earthly paradise, but it's not true. They preach that they're the only ones that have a limited number of people going to heaven, but that's not true. They preach that they're the only ones that celebrate holidays, but it's not true. Why should someone else do all the research for you and tell you because it's easier on you? It's dozens if not hundreds of their man hours being at the library, surfing the net, going to classes that have taught them what they know. Why should they make it easy on you by simply sharing, thus taking up more of their time and energy? Why not go borrow a book or two and read it for yourself? Seriously...I'm not trying to be argumentative or catty...but sometimes people don't appreciate how much work goes into the research done around here. Sometimes it's nice to know that people are researching for themselves and not just taking someone's word on it. (I did plenty of that as a JW...I'm not going to keep doing it just because that's what I'm used to.) Just my opinion.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

billygoat I'm going to go do some research on the 7 dayers and when I'm done ill be more than happy to share what i have learned with anybody that has a question about it. i didn't know that some things are secretive and only the people with alot of time on their hands or those that had the proper tools to research things are the only ones that should know things.

sometimes its better to give someone an answer to their problems or questions instead of just telling people their wrong go find out why cause I'm not telling

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

billygoat I'm going to go do some research on the 7 dayers and when I'm done ill be more than happy to share what i have learned with anybody that has a question about it. i didn't know that some things are secretive and only the people with alot of time on their hands or those that had the proper tools to research things are the only ones that should know things.

sometimes its better to give someone an answer to their problems or questions instead of just telling people their wrong go find out why cause I'm not telling

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

not an administrator:

That is not my point. I'm glad you're doing your own research. I think it will retain better when you teach yourself something rather than when someone does the research for you and then gives it to you. Remember being in the TMS? You learn more when you have to teach on a subject vs being in the audience listening to a talk on the subject. It's a fact. And if it makes you feel any better, when I talked about spoon-feeding in my other thread, this was NOT directed at you personally. Another thread entirely is what made me think about how my father taught me to do my own homework. So stop being pissy okay?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It's your spirituality so you should take charge and do your research IMHO. We were all told what the bible said by the Dubs....we were only encouraged to look to the WTBS books for any answers and to verify quotes and research. I think I can safely say that most of us here were shocked when we started delving into issues such as 607 / 1914 that NO OTHER SINGLE source claims 607 was the fall of Jerusalem yet the WTBS states it as simple fact. They never even say in their own literature that 607 is an arguable date by outsiders because they know 99% of Witnoids won't bother to look it up. I didn't.

By researching you will stumble across a whole bunch of questions you must ask your inner self. It's an interesting journey I assure you. And of course if you have questions there are many of us here on the board that can give our perspectives on it. I've studied Taoism and Buddhism quite deeply. We have Mormons here. Catholics. Agnostics. Etc. But you should spend time developing what feels real to you. Challenge all your assertions. Study. Search for your own truth.

Good luck. We'll all be here for you. And Billy wasn't trying to be mean or nasty just trying to help you find your own way.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Here's a fun little test to take to tell you your "belief-o-meter"...takes about 20 mins.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

Of course at www.beliefnet.com too you can find the starting points for many religions.

• rebel8
    rebel8

My $.02: The ONLY reason I can possibly imagine to go on a forum filled with people who strongly disagree with you on a key issue is because you want them to change your mind.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"A thread just about me. WOW. I must be very popular. Billy you couldnt be farther away from the truth about me or the future of me with the Witness. I will NEVER leave the truth. I have realized that the people do not practice what is being taught to them by the FS. Some do. As for the ones who do, i will contemplate thier course and imitate!" -defd Umm, defd? Aren't you taught to avoid contact with apostates? That apostate web sites and the web in general is evil, and the devil's tools? Doesn't Jehovah know all things, therefore know you are disobeying his chosen organization's leadership? I'm just asking, I'm not even a JW, so maybe I've got it wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit